Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/

July 25th, 2008
This and that from practice
Posted by Karen Guregian at 5:56 pm

Friday’s lone practice session was once again a contact-affair in full pads. A few items of note to start, as defensive end Richard Seymour missed his second consecutive practice, while defensive end Chris Norwell and offensive lineman Gene Mruczkowski also weren’t present.

Running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis, meanwhile, came off the active PUP list, leaving eight players still on the list.

Beyond those items, here are a few highlights and or lowlights from the session.

*** On a perfectly executed fake reverse, Tom Brady heaved up a bomb to Randy Moss on a post-pattern. Moss was open, getting behind the defense, but somehow, in a rare display dropped the ball.

*** During the crowd favorite pass protection drill, where the running backs attempt to block charging linebackers, rookie Jerod Mayo got the fans buzzing when he bulled over Kyle Eckel. The crowd also roared when Tedy Bruschi made a nice spin move to elude Heath Evans. Linebacker Gary Guyton was also effective in this drill.

that is the second good thing I read about about Guyton. This drill and a STs drill.

Guyton and Vince Redd seemed to stand out at the rooky camp too. I read some good reports about both of them. I hope that they make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes