Welcome to PatsFans.com

Guns

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Gainzo, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

For you law abiding citizens who love guns is it a pain in the butt to wait a couple of days after you purchase a machine gun that can fire 30 rounds?

I'm all for gun ownership, but don't see the need to have a clip with 30 bullets in it.

I've lived in this great County since 1986 and have never encountered a gun.
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Apparently you've never tried to interview Arizona State Senator Lori Klein.

Arizona state Sen. Lori Klein (R), a gun-rights champion, keeps a loaded raspberry-pink handgun in her purse, and during an interview with Arizona Republic reporter Richard Ruelas, she took it out and pointed it at him.

"Oh, it's so cute," Klein said, before aiming the gun at Ruelas's chest to show off the red beam of the laser sight. Klein's gun, a .380 Ruger, has no safety, but the senator assured Ruelas that he wasn't in danger.

"I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," she said.

Klein told the Arizona Republic that she owns a number of guns and has had "informal" training sessions on each of them, and that she was taught gun safety by her father.

Lori Klein, Arizona State Senator, Pointed Loaded Gun At Reporter Richard Ruelas's Chest
  3. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

Never have and never will. I've lived in Massachusetts since 1986 and have never seen a gun....Never.
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -2

Her father, if alive, can't be happy with his student.

Wonder if the NRA or any other gun advocacy groups will comment...
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 2 / -9

Take a walk around Roxbury & Dorchester on some hot summer night around 1:00AM wear white shorts and have a camera hanging around your neck, the last thing you will ever see in your life will be A GUN.
  6. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

If someone is a law abiding citizen then they can own 100 guns. No worries here.

But...............If you can buy a gun and rounds at a gun show without a background check? That aint cool.
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -2

If you're wearing white shorts and have a camera around your neck you deserve trouble... just for how ridiculous you look.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 2 / -9

You don't have to go to a gun show to buy a gun you can pick one up at your local school yard, if you've got the money you can buy some sex to go along with it.

Drug Laws and Gun Laws are a friggin joke.
  9. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +334 / 4 / -10

why not?

it'll only take someone 3 extra days to rob a bank....or do a drive by

waiting 3 days serves no purpose except to give more liberals government jobs
  10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +887 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

This thread is going well ...........
  11. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  12. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i saw a 357 once when i was a kid, but i'm 41 and have never fired a gun

i love watching shows about guns though, and playing the call of duty and battlefield games

and damn that 357 was heavy lol
  13. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

14. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +439 / 6 / -9

Yeah I worked on the script...

"The demands of this war made it very important to put holes in human beings more accurately, and at a greater distance..."

I've seen 'em, I've fired 'em, I'm just not that impressed. No, you don't need a 30-round clip for personal protection. You need a 30-round clip because after you shoot that congresswoman, well, what do you do next, right?

For that matter, most people do not, in fact, need the gun for personal protection. But I don't have any desire to hear alllll about how much more dangerous the world is today, even though it's been steadily less dangerous on the street for years.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Cue the dumbass psuedo-tough-guys talking all about how everybody without the same psychosexual compensation issues as they have is hopelessly naive, accompanied by predictable one-off examples of how great and wonderful someone's armed intervention was in some very unusual situation that is very unlikely... then another... then... a seeming torrent, except when measured against a population of more than 300 million people.

Like I said, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PFnV
  15. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i think the 30 clip is for the zombies
  16. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Try holding a gun sometime, it feels sweet.

I occasionally open carry. I do see the POlice carrying guns, and some of them don't look responsible enough to take care of my dogs.

But this is easy, the novelist Stephen Hunter's response to the defensive need for a magazine--not a clip, dammit--with more than 10 rounds.

Stephen Hunter - Why 33 rounds makes sense in a defensive weapon

My Glock 17 holds 17 rounds and my Glock 22 holds 15, both full-service semiautos (fully automatic machine guns are very very expensive and one needs a top-notch FBI clearance before one can own one) for the 9 mm and .40 caliber, respectively. Massachusetts doesn't allow civilians use of this, which is why crime is so much higher than states that do, like North Dakota, NH, Vermont, and most of the others. Illinois bans civilian concealed carry. Ever heard of shootings in the Windy City?
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I bought my BB gun pistol and high-powered pellet rifle (w/scope) "on the spot"!!:D