Welcome to PatsFans.com

Guns don't kill people, 5 year old does.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by nabwong, May 1, 2013.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +630 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

A combination of better mental health services, the training to look for early warning signals, a significant reduction in the number of career and enlisted soldiers who are allowed to bear arms along with a 24 hour watch period and the immediate removal of all service weapons from anyone who's made a suicidal remark has drastically reduced (over 30%) the number of suicides in the Isaeli army.

Despite tragic setbacks, army is lowering suicide rate within its ranks | The Times of Israel

And in the USA, again the only country I'm really interested in, there are two recent studies which bear out the following.....the states with the laxest gun laws have some of the highest rate of gun deaths....and the states with the strictest gun control laws have some of the lowest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/03/us/report-links-high-rates-of-gun-violence-to-weak-laws.html?_r=0

Nothing happens in a vacuum. I do understand that simply removing guns will not prevent all, or maybe even most, of the deaths or suicides in the USA, but I also know that better regulating who gets to buy the weapons would play a big part in doing so.

Pity you can't acknowledge the same but must rely on the same tired --- but what about swimming pools and what about ropes and what about whatever else I can think of to throw in the mix so I don't have to admit that not everyone should own a gun.

2. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -2

I agree! They should be and are evaluated when they come home. I say if they are on disability for mental problems then do not let them have guns. In fact I thin NY just made that a law and actually started confiscating weapons from those on disability for a mental disorder.

3. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +232 / 9 / -25

Oh, I acknowledge that nothing happens in a vacuum.

We already regulate who gets to buy guns and we still have violence.

I don't agree that you've proven anything.

The difference between my argument and yours is that you rely on logical fallacies and I do not rely on logical fallacies.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 2 / -9

That poor girl that had the misfortune to marry into that horrible women abusing Kennedy Family used ROPE.

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +630 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

I dunno.....looks like it could be a trend to me.

Read more here: JUNEAU, Alaska: Mountain Village boy shoots, kills sister | State News | ADN.com

Boy, 13, shoots sister, 6, at Oakland Park home, Broward Sheriff's Office says - OrlandoSentinel.com

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 2 / -9

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +630 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Hold that thought for at least another 18 months, Harry Boy.

[​IMG]

American Gun Deaths to Exceed Traffic Fatalities by 2015 - Bloomberg