Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gun Control = More Guns and more NRA Members

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by RI Patriots fan, Dec 20, 2012.

1. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +260 / 9 / -25

While the National Rifle Association (NRA) has remained quiet in the aftermath of the shooting, the organization has registered some 8,000 new members per day since the harrowing tragedy.

In addition to an explosion of membership requests, an NRA source told Fox News that individual contributions to the organization have also spiked, according to an internal memo contrived by the group’s membership division. “While this broadly aligns with trends seen after similar incidents in the past, the surge in membership this time is said to dwarf past trends,” Fox reports.

In states such as Texas, Ohio, Oregon, and Colorado, reports have indicated a significant boost in gun purchases occurring immediately after the shooting, also creating a “national shortage” of weapons and ammunition, according to one Texas gun shop owner. “All of our suppliers are almost sold out of items across the board,” he said, adding that he projects his gun sales to boost anywhere between 200 and 400 percent. “At a minimum we’ll double our sales from last year,” he noted.

According to a representative for Colorado’s Bureau of Investigation’s (CBI) InstaCheck Unit, gun background check requests are in a state of “record setting volume,” and that the day following the Connecticut shooting the CBI incurred a single-day total of 4,154 requests — a new record.

Gun Sales, NRA Memberships Boost After Conn. School Shooting

So thank you anti gun people for your talk of banning guns. Please continue to do so....if you do so, you'll only put more guns on the street and make the NRA even more powerful :D

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's just a shame 50 kids weren't killed. Why membership could have tripled! Anyway the gun manufactures are having a very Merry Christmas. Have you found a new spring in your step over the good gun news too? You're acting like it.

Seriously, it was the culmination of tragedies that has led to this. It was one too many assault weapon massacres that put me over the top....especially because they were kids. Your continual mocking of sincere people and your gloating is disgusting to me to be perfectly honest. Gloat away. This one isn't going away.

3. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +260 / 9 / -25

Actually, I'm mocking Progressives who want to take away what I believe are fundamental rights that we have as Americans. What I see are not "sincere" people but either Progressives who are trying to spread their "faith" at the expense of both the truth and liberty or people who are easily lead because they've been feed Progressive propaganda.

But like I said....keep talking about banning guns.....please. :D

4. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

If you knew me at all you'd know that I am not a progressive, not by along shot...and please do not point propaganda fingers at anyone else in the same thread you are propping up the NRA.

Banning guns is not my aim or the aim of most of the people. Stop making it like its about that. Sensible restrictions should be discussed. I'm not impressed with anyone or any organization that kicks and screams at any attempt of a discussion. I'm tired of that act....and stop the gloating please. It's disrespectful.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

Same shyt different thread.. this should be merged with the above, certain posters inordinate need for attention defies the rules..

The reality is that the NRA has a membership of about 4.5 million, which is less than 2% of the American Population.. they also pump big bucks into the pockets of Congress....

The tyranny of a few, dictate to all..

[​IMG]

6. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +260 / 9 / -25

Banning guns is the aim of Progressives. Hence....we see the call from Progressives everywhere to ban assault weapons.

"President Obama on Wednesday urged Congress to vote on measures banning the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines and requiring background checks before any firearm sale, part of an emerging White House response to a massacre last week at a Connecticut elementary school."

Obama calls on Congress to ban assault weapons, high-capacity magazines - The Washington Post

So when I see Progressives trying to ban weapons and their actions have just the opposite effect...I can't help but smile. :D

So yes, I'll gloat and I'll continue to gloat as long as Progressives keep trying to ban guns.

7. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +260 / 9 / -25

And climbing.....:D

8. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I can see fear driving the hoards to desperately buy up every weapon they can. See they've bought into the NRA's propaganda.

Is there anything...anything at all that could be on the table for discussion....aside from making access easier than it is now for assault weapons and high capacity clips....you know, the things that have been the weapons of choice for these in school massacres? Anything at all???? Nothing you say?

Oh and I think your smile will turn to a frown within a year and I will smile....not because the NRA gets its azz kicked but because nut jobs have less options at their fingertips to fulfill their warped quests.

9. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +260 / 9 / -25

Actually, allowing people to protect themselves would be a nice start.

Less options? like what? Since you're not for banning weapons.

10. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +915 / 14 / -7

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, your right to keep and bear arms shall not be impinged.

Of course, nobody said anything about the mold unique to the barrel of your individual musket, nor about the lead you pour into it to make the balls, nor the powder, nor the ramrod. Try getting off your prodigious four shots a minute now, buster.

11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +915 / 14 / -7

Wow. Might make 5 million one day.

That's just about 300 million short though, ain't it? Gun nuts aren't in charge RI. We've just all tolerated them too long. What's interesting in all this is how one or two echo chambermaids stubbornly refuse to see and feel the change evident on this issue.

You should really take a look around now and then. It's positively exhilarating.

PFnV

12. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +260 / 9 / -25

Hey, if you think 300,000,000 guns are going away anytime soon you are sadly mistaken. It ain't gonna happen.......ever.

BTW, how's that "Occupy" thingie going? I heard the same thing from progressives about that movement...."exhilarating"....."it's not going away"......:D

13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

It hasn't gone away just using different methods..

The NRA is a just a pawn for the Corporatists of the gun industry, this is not about constitutional rights.. it is about money.

Even though they have blood on their hands, they will forge on and talk about everything except the big elephant in the room..

14. DocHoliday

DocHoliday In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +133 / 2 / -1

Funny thing is the NRA was a safety first organization till the mid70s.

I wonder who hijacked it.

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +681 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

You've got that now...how's it workin' out?

http://www.bradycampaign.org/studies/view/106/

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +681 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

And in the same amount of time nearly 200,000 people have urged Obama to address gun control in one petition and petitions related to gun violence have amassed more than 400,000 signatures.

Obama on gun control petition: 'We hear you' - U.S. News

18. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +119 / 3 / -4

The problem with guns is that many of the people who own them are the ones who shouldn't. Responsible weapons management demands a certain maturity but when the owner is enamored with owning every POS junk gun and thinks they're going to be "ready" when the **** hits the fan is exactly the type of person who shouldn't own one.

Unlike your wing nuts who think it's black and white, guns or no guns, the issue of gun control is what is acceptable for the average Joe to own.

Assault rifles are useless for hunting so let's just get that out of the way. You own one for one of two reasons. First, you want to use it for target practice. Second, you want it in case "the **** hits the fan". They are useless for hunting. So, the question is whether they should be allowed in a civilian's hands (auto or semi).

The other question that should be are there other reasonable steps that can be taken to prevent this from happening again. Is the background check sufficient. I don't know but certainly this is the time to debate it.

The only despicable people in this are the ones who scream "gun grab" without thinking there needs to be a reflection on whether we have the appropriate gun laws at this time. Fear people who are afraid of debate.

BTW, before you call me some liberal expletive, I'm a gun owner and an infantry veteran with a CIB and all I'm saying is now is the time to talk about this issue.

19. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +225 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Funny, I cant seem to find the word "musket" in the 2 A. Do me a favor, when you find it could you write me a letter using your Quill Pen and Parchment and send it via Horseback rider to me. Much Thanks.

20. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +912 / 14 / -29

the increase in NRA membership since the shooting is a sign how incredibly stupid our society has become

it's going to get to the point that everyone will have to buy a gun just to get rid of the NRA

the NRA is a bunch of sleazeballs who do not have the common good anywhere in their mission.