Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gun Bill gets SHOT down

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Chopblock CB, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Chopblock CB

Chopblock CB Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +201 / 9 / -26

All I have to say is I told you so......We won....you lost. I told you from the very beginning that we would win and we won.

And you know what else is going to happen....we're going to take seats in both the House and the Senate in 2014. Mark my words.

BTW, I'm curious.....how did that big fat lemon taste Progressives?....:D
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

The bill was garbage to begin with. The reciprocity offer (where concealed guns allowed in one state would be allowed in another state) was bad enough, but also it had no assault weapons ban and still allowed most private sales without background checks. So, the bill sucked. It should have gotten voted down. We'll wait until demographics give us a better Congress. It's going to happen if not in 2014, then soon after. The right surrendered on gay rights, immigration; it will change its tune on gun control in due course. As I've said, the right always loses in the long run.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  4. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +201 / 9 / -26

No, it won't.....we won. Just like we won in 2004 when the assault weapons ban wasn't renewed. Just like we won in the Courts with Heller.
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

LMFAO! When I was in elementary school when Nixon won a presidential election. A classmate said, we won you lost. Even as a youngster I thought that response was childlike, not much has changed since then.
  6. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +201 / 9 / -26

As Congress prepares to vote on a comprehensive gun control bill next month, a poll released Tuesday shows that public support is waning for restrictions on gun ownership.

According to a CBS News poll, less than half the public (47 percent) now supports stricter gun control laws, compared with 57 percent in late December following the mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

Gun control: Public support is waning, poll finds - CSMonitor.com
  7. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +201 / 9 / -26

Well, then I guess you would have been really upset around here when Obama won. I'm sure you were as equally "offended" :rolleyes:
  8. Onedaful

Onedaful PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

No one has yet to explain why the reciprocity offer was bad. All I hear is that it is bad.

Here's an article posted by Mrs.PinVA 'Reciprocal concealed carry' amendment on gun-control bill dangerous for New York City, Schumer says - NY Daily News

How is it dangerous to New York? Why isn't every other state an "OK Corral"? And how will criminals get gun permits if we do a background check on gun permits?

Still so confused by this.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Just a matter of time. Remember that while much of the gun law has been gutted, a lot of it is in place: felons, fugitives, minors, stalkers, addicts are not allowed guns under the Brady act; there are restrictions that have been upheld for schools and other venues; there are laws restricting importation of guns and ammunition, and there have been millions of background checks. In the sweep over conservatives, progressives do suffer some setbacks, but the overall trend has been to restrict gun rights. Defeating new restrictions on gun rights is a victory of a sort, I suppose, sort of like the Red Sox celebrating a winning streak in a losing season.
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Now you're relying on polls, what a phon....never mind, not wasting my time.
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Repost from the Filibusted thread:

12. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +277 / 55 / -37

#32 Jersey

But Obama said 90% of the country wants more gun control.

God, hes such a liar.
  13. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +277 / 55 / -37

#32 Jersey

Because politics is give and take.

Great Presidenets make deals with the other party, they have relationships with the other side even though they dont agree. Obama has no such relationships. He wants to dictate and then stomps his feet (like today) when he fails to get the things that he wants. When you rule by executive order this is what happens.

5 Democrats voted nay and didnt support Obama in the Senate!!! That should tell you everything you need to know.
  14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

He did not. He said 90 percent of the American people support universal background checks. That poll and similar ones are realities. Who's the liar again?
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +644 / 2 / -9

There are twice as many guns out there now as there were last year at this time thanks to Jug Ears, Fienstion, goofy Biden and the rest of that foolish gun control crew.

Don't ever tell an American he can't have something, he'll run right out and get it.

BUY A GUN (MILLIONS OF AMERICANS JUST DID)

IF CRIMINALS HAVE GUNS SO SHOULD GOOD GUYS.

Why doesn't Fienstien and Jug Ears try taking away the Gang Bangers gun, boy that would be something
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

The background checks will not cover most private sales, and having people with concealed weapons in cities that don't allow that is more likely to provoke criminals to carry guns. I'm not against guns for sporting or collecting, but guns as weapons are not a good idea. Those of us who favor gun control are against fostering a society where people feel that violence is a legitimate solution to problems. In my work as a therapist, I deal with a lot of victims and perpetrators of violence. It is 100% clear to me that those who favor violence as a solution are far more likely to suffer injuries than those who favor reason or backing down. Guns, like cars, make even the weak feel strong.
  17. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +277 / 55 / -37

#32 Jersey

Expanded background checks is more gun control.
  18. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +277 / 55 / -37

#32 Jersey

So, the criminals leave their guns home where conceal carry doesnt exist?

Chicago has very strict gun laws and every weekend there are at least a dozen shootings and thats a conservative estimate.

Violence is a solution to violence.

True, its a problem for me if someone has a knife and wants to cut me.

This country would still be under British rule with that attitude.

Patriots are those who fought for this country willing to sacrifice their lives.
  19. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

He was citing a poll. He was not lying. Spinning it into a lie is the lie.
  20. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +277 / 55 / -37

#32 Jersey