PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gumbel/Collinsworth last night...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only person who heard them incessantly praising the Giants in the first half about how much pressure the Giants where applying and the Pats couldn't do anything about it even though the Pats had for four possessions and scored on every one them, also how their big backs were unstoppable when they were held under 20yds etc . I thought these people were experts if I want someone to evaluate the game just by the score I can always ask my wife about her thoughts. They were horrendous

I think Gumbel could be a passable game show host, and Collinsworth could be a
mod on another teams fan board.

Am I the only person who heard them incessantly praising the Giants in the first half about how much pressure the Giants where applying and the Pats couldn't do anything about it even though the Pats had for four possessions and scored on every one them

I made the exact same comment to my wife. Scoring on every possession is bad and a sign that you're playing a really good defense???

I can't really give a fair analysis. I hate Collinsworth, always have always will. He makes ******ed sweeping general statements and worthless observations. But that's just my opinion.

They were alright.

The best part was later in the 2nd quarter, when Gumbel randomly says "Welker has had a quiet night so far, except for very early. He has 4 catches...uh...correction, he has 6 catches."

Next few plays were passes to Welker too.

Thought Collinsworth was annoying as hell, but that's personal opinion, though I do think he was a little excessive with his "Wilfork poking him in the eye". Gumbel wasn't bad.

I thought they're analysis were awful, a 5 year old could of said some of the things that they said.

I thought they were pretty good... reasonably well-informed... not biased one way or the other. Comments?

Collingsworth can be annoying on Sunday night on NBC, but I thought his commentary on Saturday was great. He's insightful, and points things out extremely quickly, before the replay (that is, if they ever cued up a replay).

Gumbel is boring & awkward. He sucks. And the production was one of the worst I'd seen, just pure crap. No replays, awkward camera angles, never putting up stats, etc.

They were alright.

The best part was later in the 2nd quarter, when Gumbel randomly says "Welker has had a quiet night so far, except for very early. He has 4 catches...uh...correction, he has 6 catches."

Next few plays were passes to Welker too.

LOL, I caught that as well. He'd also set the Pats all-time receiving record by that time in the night, and taken the lead for receptions in the league, so not sure how anybody can call that quiet....

Gumbel is terrible. I never thought I'd see the day when I preferred the Pam Ward/Chris Spielman tandem to anyone.

Collinsworth I don't mind.

And the production was one of the worst I'd seen, just pure crap. No replays, awkward camera angles, never putting up stats, etc.

This is what I noticed. They should have shown the penalty called on Harrison so we could see what actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back