PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gulp... RB an area of need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the evidence of the last 4 weeks, we might just have our future RB.....

Seeing the evidence of the last 4 weeks, we might just have our future RB.....
BJeepers is definitely getting in rhythm with his blockers. :singing:

I would like to see a mid-round OT to compete with O'Callaghan, Britt, and LeVoir for back-up to Light and Kaczur. I believe people sell Kaczur's play too cheaply, the kid has started at L & R Tackle since shortly into his rookie season and clearly has Dante's confidence. Yates is not the answer at RG and I believe set himself back as a Reserve OL this season, I wouldn't mind seeing O'Callaghan taking interior OL reps next Training Camp.

I like Kaczur, but I'd still rather see him inside than on the edge. I'd love us to draft someone like Phil Loadholt in the second round. The kid was born nasty.

If they moved O'Callaghan to right guard, it might dovetail with a post I saw earlier where the Pats are scouting centers and other OL. If we got more size up the middle it would help negate the monster nose guard (like the guy from San Diego, name escapes me). An upgrade there would protect the Franchise.

BJeepers is definitely getting in rhythm with his blockers. :singing:

I would like to see a mid-round OT to compete with O'Callaghan, Britt, and LeVoir for back-up to Light and Kaczur. I believe people sell Kaczur's play too cheaply, the kid has started at L & R Tackle since shortly into his rookie season and clearly has Dante's confidence. Yates is not the answer at RG and I believe set himself back as a Reserve OL this season, I wouldn't mind seeing O'Callaghan taking interior OL reps next Training Camp.

I like Kaczur, but I'd still rather see him inside than on the edge. I'd love us to draft someone like Phil Loadholt in the second round. The kid was born nasty.
I wish I could remember which analyst's negative view of Loadholt stuck in my mind, but he isn't on my radar at OT and this analysis from NFL Draft Scout just reinforces the perception I have - we'll see how his play is assessed by draftniks after the season.
Strengths: Potentially dominant drive blocker. Massive man who can engulf his opponent, turn him away from the ballcarrier and pancake him to the ground. Looks to intimidate. Only adequate initial quickness off the snap, but has a deep kick slide and the long arms to keep the pass rusher at bay. Natural knee bender who plays with impressive leverage and balance for a man of his size. Better lateral quickness than initial.

Weaknesses: Bit of a 'tweener. Too often beaten off the snap by the defensive end to remain at left tackle and may even have to be moved inside -- where his height would be a liability. Marginal lateral quickness to recover when he is beaten initially. As dominant as he is with his initial surge as a drive blocker, Loadholt too often relies on his size to engulf his opponent, failing to sustain his blocks as effectively as he should.

If they moved O'Callaghan to right guard, it might dovetail with a post I saw earlier where the Pats are scouting centers and other OL. If we got more size up the middle it would help negate the monster nose guard (like the guy from San Diego, name escapes me). An upgrade there would protect the Franchise.
Jamal Williams is a load, the concern I'd have with O'C inside is his ability to get leverage on a Jamal Williams or O'C's quickness off the snap to block a Kyle Williams or Montea Reagor (sp?) with their quick penetrating play. Dante probably has a better idea of whether O'C could work inside, I suggest it because I'd like to see him with his size have a chance to punch some DT in the mouth and open some holes for the RBs.

If only we could have also drafted Chris Johnson like I was saying, not trying to say I don't like our draft, but if we could have drafted Mayo and Johnson in the first, we would be beasting

If only we could have also drafted Chris Johnson like I was saying, not trying to say I don't like our draft, but if we could have drafted Mayo and Johnson in the first, we would be beasting
A big hello to Roger Goodall.
tongue-smiley-1498.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes