Welcome to PatsFans.com

Guess Who's Going to Elizabeth's Funeral?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

[​IMG]

A statement from the Westboro Baptist Church, an unaffiliated congregation in Topeka that is infamous for its homophobic and anti-Semitic rants, and its protests at the funerals of soldiers and AIDS victims, says its members will stage a demonstration across the street from Edenton Street United Methodist Church for 90 minutes before the 1p.m. service, because "God hates Elizabeth Edwards."

Christian Extremist Group to Picket Elizabeth Edwards Funeral

Something seriously needs to be done about these people. This is not "free speech." This is, as it has always been, sheer evilness.

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Sometimes violence is the perfect answer ...

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

As much as I loathe these guys, they have a right to do it..

With that being said, always have to wonder why no one has ever attempted to take care of "business"?????

4. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The Gov't got Capone on tax evasion, surely, someone has some imagination. How these people can even use the word "church" in their name is beyond me.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

Every year I run into these dudes at Mardi Gras, have to give them credit they receive mucho provocation and do not retaliate..

difficult to get someone for tax evasion if they do not pay taxes... for a criminal mind there are as effective methods..

Last year there was a guy with a placard on walking with them that said, "Who invited these... holes?" They generate a lot of police with them, one might think that the Police have better things to do.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +499 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

Can't we schedule a weekly gay pride rally outside their church every Sunday morning?

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Of course it is, where's the Hells Angels and the Black Panthers when they're really needed, the police can't legally kill these animals but the Angels and Panthers could do it and get away with it and the Cops could look the other way, I can't understand why these bastards haven't been attacked by somebody, where are all those "protesters" that have riots when when a cop slaps somebody's face, the gang bangers could help out with this one, where's the Mafia, where's the OUTRAGE from the phony bastards of America why isn't this all over the front pages, these pigs should be killed with Flame Throwers and their f-cking kids killed right along with them they are worthless scum, where is all of our cowardly double standard sh!t dripping scumsucking Politicians, why doesn't this rotten f-cking Dumbo President we have say something about this he was quick enough to go after The Cambridge Police Department, rat bastard, this country is becoming sicker by the day, we are all done, our only hope is an Islamic Takeover they will restore Law And Order you can bet on that.

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

These are nasty folks. People should be allow to bury their loved ones in peace without being harassed. LEgally they can be there, however no sensible person would ever take them seriously for their crude behavior.

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

It's not the sensible people I worry about....it's (sorry, RW) the children.

Can you imagine being 10 and 12 years old, burying your mother and seeing people carrying signs which say Breast Cancer is a Gift From God?

Come on....this really isn't free speech here - it's inflamatory, hate-filled rhetoric.

I don't usually advocate violence but in this case - yeah, I'd be ok with it - except it would give them exactly what they've been begging for, which is more attention and they'd become martyrs instead morons.

It does make me wonder, though, how are they going to explain it when one of their own female members gets breast cancer? What grave sin will she have committed that they'll admit to?

What goes around, comes around.

10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Code Pink has been 'protesting' outside of the military care facilities in DC for years with signs insulting to wounded soldiers. That is despicable free speech also. The President attends fundraisers hosted by the head of this despicable group. Code pink is the same as this church scum who still have rights.

11. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +134 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

same thing i was thinking...i am all for free speech blah blah blah, but sometimes a bully needs to be punched in the mouth.

12. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Awesome thought. It could only be topped by the news that the head ahole contracted aids and had never had a blood transfusion or injection of any sort.

13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree. Their activities cross the line from free speech to deliberate harassment of others, which I feel should not be allowed.

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Just because you can, does it mean you should? I honestly think I'd punch as many of the scum suckers in the face as possible, were I there. No jury or judge would put me in jail for it I don't think. Scumbags every one of them. Leave the woman and her family alone will you. :mad:

15. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +499 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

If they showed up to a funeral for one of my loved ones and pulled that sh1t there'd be trouble.

16. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm amazed Phelps is still alive, to be honest.

17. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +426 / 8 / -4

This is what really surprises me -- that no family member has done anything. And that would be a shame, as it would make a bad situation even worse.

18. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +426 / 8 / -4

Bingo. This is an area where I think our litigious society has gone too far. Not just in extreme cases like these Westboro as*holes, but in general. Far fewer people would be the jackasses they are if they knew it could lead to getting knocked in the face (and they couldn't then have the person arrested or sue them).

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

What I find disgusting is that an American City was almost burned to the ground over a Coke Sniffing Wife Beating piece of sh!t like Rodney King but the country and it's people make hardly a sound while these filthy pigs do their ungodly savagery to innocent people who are just trying to bury their dead loved ones, it's disgraceful and very sad, the media and American people should all hang their heads in shame, SHAME, God Damn Bastards.

If this was a member of my family I would spend the rest of my life hunting down this bastard Phelps and I would find a way to kill him and his whole rotten family.

20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Actually a great idea RW....how bout if we hear the Westboro Baptist Church is coming to somewhere in New England, we get a group of us to attend the funeral as well. No plans, we'll just show up and see what happens.;)

I'm serious too.