Welcome to PatsFans.com

Guess Who ...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by arrellbee, Jun 22, 2006.

1. arrellbee

arrellbee Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Vic Ketchman had a fun observation:

http://www.jaguars.com/story/5250.asp

"Michael from Jacksonville: Do you think the NFL will ever go to a best-of series, like basketball, baseball and hockey?
    Vic: I appreciate the physical demands of hockey and how tough those guys are to do what they do, but the physical demands of football won't permit a best-of-anything series. It's a now-or-never game in the postseason, which is why it's so important to have big-game, big-play players. As I said previously, the ability to perform under pressure is grossly unappreciated. It's a talent. It's a specific skill. Don't think Tom Brady is 10-1 in the postseason because he got lucky. He's 10-1 in the postseason because he plays his best football when it counts the most. The flip side … well, everybody knows the flip side."

Now I wonder who he could possibly be referring to as the flip side ?? :D
  2. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +289 / 18 / -43

#50 Jersey

Either Dan Marino or Peyton Manning :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005
  3. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Either? How about Both!?!
  4. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or try Dante Culpepper.
  5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

ten characters

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      35.5 KB
      Views:
  6. arrellbee

arrellbee Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Here's another quote from Vic. At least there is one media pundit who gives Brady his just due.

"Tony from Jacksonville: Who's the best “money player†right now? I would think Tom Brady would have to be on that list.
    Vic: Yeah, he's on the list; the all-time list. Brady is one of the top “money players†of all-time. Bart Starr, Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman were all great “money players,†and Brady deserves to be included in their company. Joe Namath, for a brief but dramatic period of his career, was a true “money player.†Bobby Layne is another one. There have been lots of great “money†quarterbacks. Quarterback is the most demanding position in sports. It defines the term “money player.â€

http://www.jaguars.com/story/5255.asp
  7. SunnyDenmark

SunnyDenmark Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brady - Really? Interesting. I thought watching all of of his games the last several years - it was just the 'system'. It was the system throwing all those passes and the system avoiding the rush in the pocket and the system leading the winning super bowl drives. WOW, that revelation certainly turned the light on upstairs! I have SEEN the light - praise be.:singing: