Guess Who ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrellbee

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Vic Ketchman had a fun observation:

http://www.jaguars.com/story/5250.asp

"Michael from Jacksonville: Do you think the NFL will ever go to a best-of series, like basketball, baseball and hockey?
Vic: I appreciate the physical demands of hockey and how tough those guys are to do what they do, but the physical demands of football won't permit a best-of-anything series. It's a now-or-never game in the postseason, which is why it's so important to have big-game, big-play players. As I said previously, the ability to perform under pressure is grossly unappreciated. It's a talent. It's a specific skill. Don't think Tom Brady is 10-1 in the postseason because he got lucky. He's 10-1 in the postseason because he plays his best football when it counts the most. The flip side … well, everybody knows the flip side."

Now I wonder who he could possibly be referring to as the flip side ?? :D

Either Dan Marino or Peyton Manning :D

Last edited by a moderator:
ten characters

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 222
arrellbee said:
Vic Ketchman had a fun observation:

http://www.jaguars.com/story/5250.asp

"Michael from Jacksonville: Do you think the NFL will ever go to a best-of series, like basketball, baseball and hockey?
Vic: I appreciate the physical demands of hockey and how tough those guys are to do what they do, but the physical demands of football won't permit a best-of-anything series. It's a now-or-never game in the postseason, which is why it's so important to have big-game, big-play players. As I said previously, the ability to perform under pressure is grossly unappreciated. It's a talent. It's a specific skill. Don't think Tom Brady is 10-1 in the postseason because he got lucky. He's 10-1 in the postseason because he plays his best football when it counts the most. The flip side … well, everybody knows the flip side."
Now I wonder who he could possibly be referring to as the flip side ??:D
Here's another quote from Vic. At least there is one media pundit who gives Brady his just due.

"Tony from Jacksonville: Who's the best “money player†right now? I would think Tom Brady would have to be on that list.
Vic: Yeah, he's on the list; the all-time list. Brady is one of the top “money players†of all-time. Bart Starr, Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman were all great “money players,†and Brady deserves to be included in their company. Joe Namath, for a brief but dramatic period of his career, was a true “money player.†Bobby Layne is another one. There have been lots of great “money†quarterbacks. Quarterback is the most demanding position in sports. It defines the term “money player.â€

http://www.jaguars.com/story/5255.asp

arrellbee said:
Here's another quote from Vic. At least there is one media pundit who gives Brady his just due.

"Tony from Jacksonville: Who's the best “money player†right now? I would think Tom Brady would have to be on that list.
Vic: Yeah, he's on the list; the all-time list. Brady is one of the top “money players†of all-time. Bart Starr, Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman were all great “money players,†and Brady deserves to be included in their company. Joe Namath, for a brief but dramatic period of his career, was a true “money player.†Bobby Layne is another one. There have been lots of great “money†quarterbacks. Quarterback is the most demanding position in sports. It defines the term “money player.â€

http://www.jaguars.com/story/5255.asp
Brady - Really? Interesting. I thought watching all of of his games the last several years - it was just the 'system'. It was the system throwing all those passes and the system avoiding the rush in the pocket and the system leading the winning super bowl drives. WOW, that revelation certainly turned the light on upstairs! I have SEEN the light - praise be.:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes