PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guess what I will NOT be doing on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the freakin' Pro Bowl. I would not watch that game for $17,500.

OK, let's get technical. Define "watch."

Sit in front of the TV with the game on but the sound off, playing with my kids or reading? $5,000.

Sit in front of the TV with the game on and the sound on at a low level, but otherwise playing with my kids or reading: $10,000

Sit in front of the TV with the game on and the sound on at a normal level, paying attention to everything the announcers say and watching every play: $50,000

........(Is it possible that the Pats FANS took this game more SERIOUSLY than the players?)...........

in general, i don't think fans took the game itself more seriously, but, i wouldn't be surprised if some fans took a harder emotional hit from the loss than some players. the players are professionals and making good money playing at the top of their profession, so some of them probably moved on pretty quickly emotionally. others probably are hurting pretty bad.

I went to the Celtics/Spurs game and took my time coming home. There was no way I was watching one second of the pro bowl...no that I watch it anyway.

In the pre cable and dish TV days the Pro Bowl was so cool to watch .. now it's like whatever ... no big deal.

They should take the bottom 2 teams and have 1 game to determine the #1 pick instead ... you win the game and you get the pick .. now people would watch that for sure ... bunch of lousy players playing like Pro Bowlers.

That's funny. I like that.

And I'd watch the Probowl for $15,000, if anyone's offering. I'd do a lot worse for that, too.

Grad school is expensive.

Watching the freakin' Pro Bowl. I would not watch that game for $17,500.

But i thought you were a jew???

J/K, im Jewish too, but i mean really man, you put that one right on a tee:D

Dont ban me mods, it was all in fun, i swear.

Last edited:
$17,500? Kind of an odd figure :D

I'm with you PatJew. Haven't watched SportsCenter or NFL Network since and certainly didn't watch the ProBowl (first time in 5-years), which has been tough. I've caught up on a lot of movies over the last week or so. Watching 'Tombstone' right now....the dialogue in that movie is terrific :cool:

Ian

Last edited:
$17,500? Kind of an odd figure :D

I'm with you PatJew. Haven't watched SportsCenter or NFL Network since and certainly didn't watch the ProBowl (first time in 5-years), which has been tough. I've caught up on a lot of movies over the last week or so. Watching 'Tombstone' right now....the dialogue in that movie is terrific :cool:

Ian

Its funny, i find that fans deal with it in a variety of ways. Im a transplanted Jet fan going to school in Boston, btw, so all my buddies and my room mates are from Boston. I find that some of them like to go about it by watching everything on tv and soaking it in, like my one room mate, but others avoid the sportscenter stuff all together, like my other room mate. Its kind of like how people deal with grief differently i guess. Either way, Im sure you guys will get over it, and you will be right back there next year, so dont get to down.

Last edited:
It's been tough not listening to WEEI either, which my radio has been set on for years. I'm listening to CD's now more :cool:

Ian

It's been tough not listening to WEEI either, which my radio has been set on for years. I'm listening to CD's now more :cool:

Ian

Its probably better for your overall intelligence though;)

It's been almost a decade since I last sat through an entire Pro Bowl. I didn't watch a single second of this year's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back