PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guess we don't have to worry about the Raiders for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
So this morning I'm watching "The NFL Today" on CBS and they were talking about how Lane Kiffin called out Al Davis and Rob Ryan this week after their embarrassment Monday night against Denver. (BTW, didn't ESPN learn anything from the Monday night opener in Oakland against San Diego two years ago???)

I wasn't aware of this, and the news makes me wonder about Kiffin. Earlier this year I was on his side when Davis "asked" him to resign, and you can't blame him for calling out Davis, who has become an embarrassment to the NFL, if not professional sports as a whole. But why throw one of your assistants under the bus? (Granted, the Ryan family isn't known for their congeniality, but still.)

I hate to admit I agree with anything Shannon "Horsehead" Sharpe says, but he was right - the Raiders will NOT be any good until there is a change in ownership. I respect Al Davis for his attack-dog attitude during the days of the AFL when he fought the NFL's underhanded attempts to sink them; but ever since then he's been little more than a pain in the arse who blames everyone and everything else for his own stupid decisions. It worked for a while in the '70s and '80s, but now the game has passed him by and he refuses to admit it. And what kind of a jacka$$ up and files a suit against two other teams for "stealing" his logo and colors years after they start wearing them???

So anyway, we may have to worry about about losing AFC supremacy to several teams, but until Al Davis is no longer in control there, Oakland won't be one of them.

So this morning I'm watching "The NFL Today" on CBS and they were talking about how Lane Kiffin called out Al Davis and Rob Ryan this week after their embarrassment Monday night against Denver. (BTW, didn't ESPN learn anything from the Monday night opener in Oakland against San Diego two years ago???)

I wasn't aware of this, and the news makes me wonder about Kiffin. Earlier this year I was on his side when Davis "asked" him to resign, and you can't blame him for calling out Davis, who has become an embarrassment to the NFL, if not professional sports as a whole. But why throw one of your assistants under the bus? (Granted, the Ryan family isn't known for their congeniality, but still.)

I hate to admit I agree with anything Shannon "Horsehead" Sharpe says, but he was right - the Raiders will NOT be any good until there is a change in ownership. I respect Al Davis for his attack-dog attitude during the days of the AFL when he fought the NFL's underhanded attempts to sink them; but ever since then he's been little more than a pain in the arse who blames everyone and everything else for his own stupid decisions. It worked for a while in the '70s and '80s, but now the game has passed him by and he refuses to admit it. And what kind of a jacka$$ up and files a suit against two other teams for "stealing" his logo and colors years after they start wearing them???

So anyway, we may have to worry about about losing AFC supremacy to several teams, but until Al Davis is no longer in control there, Oakland won't be one of them.
He called out Ryan because Ryan broke an ankle jumping in the tiff between Kiffin and Davis. Ryan thinks he should have been picked as the coach instead of Kiffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes