Welcome to PatsFans.com

Guess Romney was not 100% correct in his comments about his olympic security..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 13, 2012.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

In what was heralded as, "Romney's First Foreign Policy Success", he pointed out the laxness of Olympic Security.. as many of us pointed out you do not judge security before the fact, only after the fact. His comments did not show great leadership, it showed lack of knowledge as to what the actual plans were and how they were to be operationalized..

Here is the final assessment; the olympic security was adequate, and sufficient to protect the athletes and spectators...

With the assets of the CIA, FBI, NSA, Scotland Yard, MI 6 and interpol.. I would have been surprised that something would have happened in that venue in London..

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  2. UK_Pat37

UK_Pat37 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +45 / 5 / -8

#12 Jersey

He was a bit of an ass when he said it and provoked a lot of response over here in the UK for his comments. He said as a whole we 'weren't ready' and we feelsas Brits we proved him wrong and then some...judging by comments of people I know in the states and other countries, the general worldwide opinion was this was a hugely successful Olympics.

I live just outside London along the route the Javelin service ran through Stratford for the Olympic Park and the services were fantastic. It wasn't over crowded and I was in London a couple of times whilst this was all going on and there was no problem with traffic congestion either.

Overall the transport links were fantastic, the ceremonies entertaining, the spectators and athletes were kept safe, the facilities were great, no incidents occurred and, most importantly, it was a resounding success results wise for both of our countries....we had our most successful Olympics in over 100 years and have now secured more funding for all our sports from now to make sure that success continues.

Obviously the G4S debacle was a little bit of a frustrating set back however our armed forces filled in fantastically to make up for their blunder...which was not really down to the government.

Romney will be a disaster for you in global politics if he gets in and I've been saying it a while. He has no clue whatsoever.

3. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, Obama has been masterful in his foreign policy: not just managing but accelerating the decline.

4. Hebeill

Hebeill 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

first attempted hijacking of the thread, probably not the last.

5. Hebeill

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I was thinking the same thing, so much for Flippers assesment ability

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

God Willing Obama is on his way out.

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anyone who subscribes to the logic that "Nothing happened, therefore security was great" needs to go back and retake 1st grade logic.

No planes were hijacked on September 10, 2001. Does that mean our airport security was doing a great job?

8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yup, sure thing, buddy!

BTW, you still have our number for the next time another 2 bit dictator rises to power in Europe, right?

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

As opposed to the games have not started and security is terrible.. you judge security after the fact, not before.. it has to do with results..

I believe it was you who heralded how this was Willards first great foreign policy success...

After 9/11 it was discovered that Bush and his merry band of neo cons were asleep at the wheel...

10. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah. I forgot it was Bush who'd been on the job for less than 8 months and not his predecessor of 8 years.

Then again, I like this shift in logic from you. Let's actually blame the sitting president for what's happening!

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

You have convinced me Romney was correct, the games were not secure and it was a huge foreign policy success for him..

BTW your buddy Wolfie brought up 9/11.. not I. Bush was asleep at the wheel, when it happened. Just like Reagan did not retaliate after 240 Marines were killed in Lebanon, in fact he had them leave the country without retribution.

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like I said, pleaseretake 1st grade logic.
    Really? Where did I do that? In today's Doonesbury?
    But according to your logic, on January 20 through September 10, they were doing a great job.

13. Hebeill

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hijack attempt #2. You should be on 'savage patrol' in maine, not attempting to hijack threads.

14. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I'm surprised at this statement. You support the idea that Reagan should have retaliated? Doesn't this conflict with your steadfast pacifism?

15. UK_Pat37

Ratings:
    +45 / 5 / -8

#12 Jersey

Last time I checked, dinlow, the Olympics are over....so I would argue that the security was a resounding success...considering the fact no bombs will be going off there, you know, since it's over and everything. Granted the Paralympics are still to come but I can't see the radicals wanting to target a smaller event!

Just reinforces the kind of idiot you are I guess...that's what dinlow means btw...shame your government doesn't know when to appease and when to act...maybe if you did we wouldn't be assisting you in cleaning up your mess :) you should have show the same warmongering then as you do now.

Once again, as it seems is customary here, another thread has been hijacked and gone off topic...and once again it's idiot Obama haters and republican sympathisers.

16. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +675 / 6 / -9

I think this has more to do with the fact that if I Democrat had done what Reagan did...well, you can imagine the rest.

17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

He said it was concerning that the security company hadn't enough guards when they had to bring in 7.000 soldiers at the last minute.

One presumes that bringing 7k soldiers at the last minute wasn't part of the plan.

I am glad there were no incidents.

18. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +675 / 6 / -9

Agreed. Obama accomplished in three years what Bush couldn't in eight. It's a refreshing change having his prudential judgment and temperament in the White House.

19. UK_Pat37

Ratings:
    +45 / 5 / -8

#12 Jersey

That's still hardly reason to say we weren't ready as a government or nation. We contracted out the security responsibilities to an outside contractor who failed to deliver on their promise...we dealt with the situation quickly, smoothly and in the correct manner and the government got on top of it right away.

We were more than ready, despite that minor setback.

20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Romney's comment was innocuous and blown out of proportion: