Welcome to PatsFans.com

Guess Position PATS Pick with 29

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JR4, May 7, 2014.

?

What's your guess for PATS 29th pick

Poll closed May 9, 2014.
  1. Dline

21.8%
  2. Oline

7.3%
  3. TE

7.3%
  4. LB

3.6%
  5. Saftey

1.8%
  6. other

5.5%
  7. Trades Pick

52.7%
  1. varjao

varjao Rookie

Ratings:
    +257 / 34 / -19

#3 Jersey

I respectfully disagree with this statement. The way I see it's a deep draft but there is the usual decline of talent after the 1st round and early second round picks.

Last year was deep too, we got a nice player at #52, but still a player who needed development and a red shirt year. I voted trade but I would like to draft a player who can start and impact from day one.
  2. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 5 / -2

#51 Jersey

Trade back because standing pat is too mainstream for Belichick.
  3. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

If one of the top QB's are there I see us not having a pick tomorrow.
    If not, I bet we go defense given all the hype around QB/WR floating around.
  4. Richard Camembert

Richard Camembert Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

I went DL, there's a need for an up and coming stud in that spot, there are a couple good ones in this draft also some NT but they are two down players in general and therefore insufficient value in that spot. Would have gone with trade down but then I think the theory about teams wanting to trade up for a QB just doesn't happen as planned, especially with the (supposedly) inferior QB talent in this draft, so I think it more likely we don't move 29 just because someone gets a stiffy for Bridgewater. Maybe teams will overpay for the 4 vs. 5 year contracts though.
  5. Xerostomia

Xerostomia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am going to go the other way. To me, signing Revis for '1 year' and adding players like Browner, making sure that Wilfork is still here, indicates to me that the team is in a win it all now mode. That being said, I think that Belichek might deal for Kansas City's pick. KC will want to trade back because they do not have another pick till much latter. I think this will happen only if all the quaterbacks get taken before KC's pick, because that will mean potentially 4 more great players that are available.

I live in Arizona, and all they have been talking about is Shazier at 20. I do not think Arizona takes a QB unless Bortles is still there, so if Shazier is there for KC, maybe he trades up to get him. Similarly if Clinton Dix is there he might go for him as well, though I doubt he drops that low, but you never know, if the rest of the league is QB/WR/OT crazy, might be a great way to pick a couple of defensive players that contribute immediately and forget about the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He did move up 2 years ago, to get Hightower and Jones.

If not and all the QB's drop, that means most of the 'good' players are gone, then probably someone will get desperate and trade for NE 29 pick. If available in the second round they should then consider Kelvin Benjamin, hybrid WR/TE.
  6. Big Bucks

Big Bucks Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I've got this gut feeling (not saying its a good one) that we will take Savage at 29. o_O
  7. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,295 / 59 / -71

Disable Jersey

Kraft would have Belichick committed to Bellevue before the Seahawks were on the clock.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. manxman2601

manxman2601 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +489 / 7 / -2

#24 Jersey

Trade up for Shazier please. This defense needs speed. I still love ASJ, Tuitt and Ward but Shazier is separating himself for me. The combination of Shazier and Collins playing on the same defines is too mouth-watering.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 5 / -1

#95 Jersey

trade...and everyone here will post all pissed off when someone we all want is still on the board.

Mayock has us taking Jace. Would really like him but we won't be staying at 29
  10. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +732 / 6 / -7

#24 Jersey

I'm all for moving up to get Shazier like you, but I don't see any reasonable way that could be accomplished in terms of what we'd have to give up to move up 10 spots. That's a lot of moving up ;)
  11. Ivan

Ivan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +694 / 21 / -19

#75 Jersey

I love Shazier but would still take ASJ in the first round. Overall i think that ASJ is the only player on offense that Belichick would use his first for and if they stay at #29 he will either be the pick or it will be a DL. I think Shazier will be gone and they won't trade up for him. I understand why you wan that Manx and i would love Shazier on this LB unit but after he passed on David i don't see him going for the smaller LB.
  12. Galeb

Galeb Rookie

Ratings:
    +294 / 8 / -3

#91 Jersey

Since BB generally avoids busts in the first, I would guess either doggy or reverse cowgirl.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. RIpats88

RIpats88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

I would love to see the Pats go and get a move TE like Jace Amarro....I dont understand alot of the pundits saying "well hes more of a big receiver he doesnt block" sounds alot like Aaron Hernandez to me. He never was much of a blocker, but he complemented Gronk perfectly
    • Like Like x 1
  14. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +581 / 20 / -14

David went at the end of the second round, I'm not sure what not drafting him at 25 where we took Hightower has to do with drafting a guy who IS a first round grade.
  15. dannydyn

dannydyn PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -2

#12 Jersey

Jace Amarro - Gronk 2.0
  16. lurker1965

lurker1965 Rookie

Ratings:
    +101 / 6 / -7

No Jersey Selected

Either trade down because a QB drops and one of those high teams wants back in, or trade up because everyone is trading down and the value is up. If for some reason he can't get out then it'll be a case of best available player, regardless of position.
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
  17. Ivan

Ivan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +694 / 21 / -19

#75 Jersey

I was referring to Belichick passing on David in the 2nd and taking Tavon Wilson. If he didn't want a player like that when he was stgill available in the 2nd then I find it hard to believe he would move up in the first to take a player that is very very similar to him. I really like Shazier and I would be happy with the pick but Belichick has always passed on smaller but really talented LB's in favorr of the bigger prospects.
  18. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

If anyone is closer to Gronk it would be ASJ or to a lesser degree Niklas. Amaro is just a tall WR
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 19 / -2

I agree. I suspect that ASJ has to bet considered a strong possiblity at 29.
  20. Elijah T.

Elijah T. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Trade back or select Jeremiah Attaochu (DE/OLB)....Attaochu is a better pass rusher than Khalil Mack and is every bit the athlete Mack is. He'll only get better.

I believe Attaochu will be available at #29, but probably not #40.