PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guarantee: 2 Super Bowl Titles in 2 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSunday

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Guarantee: 2 Super Bowl Titles in 2 Years

It's not fair that Patriots fans have to wait to late January or February every year to become Super Bowl bound, a feat that Colts, Ravens, Packers, and even Jets and Bills fans or players accomplish in the media every year, shortly after the regular season ends.

I proclaim the Patriots are going to Super Bowl 50 in the Peninsula of Silicon Valley in California.

- Tom Brady wins his 2nd straight Super Bowl. Wakes up 12 hours before game start, walks to work.

- Peyton Manning goes one and done to break a virtual 3-way-tie for worst playoff win percentage (10+ starts, about 30 quarterbacks) to become second worst playoff quarterback in history only behind Warren Moon. The Bills, an unexpected wildcard team, sign Peyton Manning just days after he officially retires from the game in December, to lead a team to a loss just one more time.

- Ticket prices start at $25,000 as bay area tech companies like Google and Facebook buy out all available seats to give away to their employees and investors. Startup companies worth $100,000 in seed funding are bought for $5 million dollars in September when it is discovered the startup used investor money to buy 10 Super Bowl tickets the minute the sales opened.

Bumping the above thread from Jan 19 (weeks before the SB) to revisit my prediction. The day after the Colts game, CNN and others pointed out that SB tickets were going as low as $1,600 because Patriots fans have "Super Bowl Fatigue" and Seattle will have a great turn out, trying to win back to back.

That day, I predicted the Patriots will win the Super Bowl, then again next year, and that Super Bowl tickets will be tens of thousands of dollars by the time Super Bowl 50 rolls around. Both of these predictions seem way more likely now than January 19.

Thank you, media, for motivating Patriots fans all season, like Bob Kraft could only dream of!

Super Bowl tickets are cheaper than they were last year (20% lower). You can thank the Patriots for that.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/19/news/economy/super-bowl-tickets/

Last edited:
Revisiting my prediction from Jan 19. The day after the Colts game, CNN and others pointed out that SB tickets were going as low as $1,600 because Patriots fans have "Super Bowl Fatigue" and Seattle will have a great turn out, trying to win back to back.
Where did they get $1,600? I tried to get a ticket and never saw anything that cheap. Here's more of what the article says:

>> On average, tickets were selling for $2,879 on Monday, according to SeatGeek, a search engine that tracks online sales. That's down 20% compared to the same day last year. And it's actually 18% cheaper than what Super Bowl tickets were selling for on Saturday, before Sunday's games decided the match-up: New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks. <<

Prices actually were much higher than anything I'd ever seen for ANY of the Pats Super Bowls. I think anyone else here will attest to that.

Nice prediction, but will go with the same prediction that I make every year.. this team will win between 11-13 games and make it to "The Tournament"... then we will see.

Injuries may be the equalizer... always seemed that after every Superbowl we won, the following year seemed to have more injuries.. but never really proven it, but it does seem that way.

It's been a long time since I did not predict a SB win for the home team. There is some homerism in this, but, in part, it is a logical assumption. To date, I have been right more than the other homers.

In the salary cap era, on paper, the teams start each season equal. A team paying a top player at position X is starting a lesser player at position Y. Coaches do not fall under this cap, so that is the area where a team can differentiate itself. Any team fielding Bill Belichick has a better chance of winning, all other things being equal, than a team coached by some other guy.

(sigh) Another Super Bowl win? This year too? (deeper sigh)

Oh, all right.

If the Pats O is healthy they will be able to get out of the AFC likely. Then it is just hoping the SB works out for you as I expect them to be the underdog in that game.

The only Ds in the AFC I think can give them issues are Miami, Buffalo, NYJ. No one else seems to slow them down much. Infact you could argue this year those are the 3 best Ds in the AFC.

Where did they get $1,600? I tried to get a ticket and never saw anything that cheap. Here's more of what the article says:

>> On average, tickets were selling for $2,879 on Monday, according to SeatGeek, a search engine that tracks online sales. That's down 20% compared to the same day last year. And it's actually 18% cheaper than what Super Bowl tickets were selling for on Saturday, before Sunday's games decided the match-up: New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks. <<

Prices actually were much higher than anything I'd ever seen for ANY of the Pats Super Bowls. I think anyone else here will attest to that.
I paid $2800 at the end of the AFCCG and watch as prices reached nearly $10K the day of the game....
And to think there were 4 empty seats in the row in front of us.............
It was tempting to sell but I'm glad I didn't ...as one more thing gets scratched off the bucket list.....

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/1/7960663/super-bowl-2015-tickets-price-expensive

I paid $2800 at the end of the AFCCG and watch as prices reached nearly $10K the day of the game....

I'm jealous. That was the best super bowl to be at. Even most people who hate the pats say that was the best super bowl based on entertainment value alone.

We really should hold off on these predictions. The Offseason SB is really not where the Pats excel... :) The JEST have about 10 straight rings this time of year.

January 19th was the morning after AFC and NFC championships, when the media created opposing storylines, one about winning two Super Bowls in a row (Seahawks) and one about the Patriots -- our fans wouldn't show up because the Patriots destroyed the Colts in a such a boring fashion and the team is "always" in the final game, leading to cheap tickets.

I wanted to create our own storyline about winning two Super Bowls in a row. Little did I know that I would predict a cluster of expensive Super Bowl tickets, even for SB 49.

Last edited:
Nice prediction, but will go with the same prediction that I make every year.. this team will win between 11-13 games and make it to "The Tournament"... then we will see.

Injuries may be the equalizer... always seemed that after every Superbowl we won, the following year seemed to have more injuries.. but never really proven it, but it does seem that way.

The worst Pats injury of them all came in the next season after their toughest SB loss. The first game to be exact. That works against your theory a little DS.

I like the thought that maybe the Pats are becoming less injury prone than in the past due to superior physical conditioning. Last year was one of their better injury years. The fact that the Pats are getting younger should help also.

(sigh) Another Super Bowl win? This year too? (deeper sigh)

Oh, all right.

Ptyzk.jpg

I'm jealous. That was the best super bowl to be at. Even most people who hate the pats say that was the best super bowl based on entertainment value alone.
Seattle fans outnumbered Pats fans by 3-1 or 4-1 easily, mostly because of distance, I guess...Most were respectful and not talking trash....There are exceptions like the 20 something Weebles in front of me (they wobble but they don't fall down) who were pointing fingers and trash talking w 10 minutes left. I politely reminded him there was time left. When Mr. Butler made his entrance into Super Bowl history, I looked but my Seattle neighbor was no where to be found.....

I just got about a minute of Felger and Mazz and they are saying that the Pats are unlikely to win the Super Bowl because Belichick looked at the schedule and figured with such a cake schedule he could let Browner and Revis go. If the Pats had a harder schedule, he might have kept them. I kid you not. This is what they are actually arguing.

With that logic, there is no way we can even expect a repeat.

Unlike the two bozos, Belichick knows that the strength of schedule prior to the season especially before free agency even began means absolutely nothing and every year there are a handful of Super Bowl contenders one year who become middle of the pack teams the next and a handful of bad teams that become playoff teams the next.

I like this thread. Every fan base needs its confident predictors and optimists..... So long as they don't become Rex Ryan!!!

Wife-in-12-Jersey-Tattoos heah, get your wife-in-12-jersey-tattoo heah!

Optimistic can be realistic. People for get that. In our game thread, I predicted/asked for a turnover (fumble) just as people thought it was game-over at the 1 yard line. And the game was over two seconds later with a turnover in Patriots favor.

Same when I predicted 2 Super Bowl titles on January 19 (creating this thread). The media was talking about either the Patriots fans being bored of winning so much or Seahawks heading to repeat the morning after our AFCCG win.

In reality, Colts scored 33-100 against the last three Super Bowl champions who knocked them out and need to play better to win anything. And the Seahawks were lucky to even appear in the Super Bowl with their injuries and the way they played the Packers.

Predicting the start of two Patriots championships in a row was just as realistic as any crap the media was writing about on January 19.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes