Welcome to PatsFans.com

Guantanamo is moving... to Ill.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 15, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Looks like Obama if fulfilling another of his promises, closing Guantanamo and moving prisoners to Thomson, Ill. 150 miles of Chicago... looks like the military will be transferring custody to the Bureau of Prisons... frees up some military to do other things..

They have had the experience of dealing with high profile prisoners in Florence, and they are generally thought of doing a good job..

For some on this board, christmas will come early..

Illinois to take Gitmo detainees -- chicagotribune.com

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Good, they picked the right State to send the bastards too, no more Ocean Air or lemon chicken, I hope they let the Skinheads play soccer with them.
    Good Work Jug Ears, now bring the troops home and tell that fool Al Gore to stay in his house and keep his mouth shut, he's embarrassing our country.
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

What's Stormfront's view?
  4. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm so excited to be getting new neighbors.:singing:
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Check back tommorrow, the racists get up later than most.....
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yes......... cuz opposing the US government bringing enemy combatants and enemies of the state captured in foreign countries ONTO US soil is rascist. :confused:

It couldn't be for any reasonable reason like it makes no sense other then to MOVE Gitmo to the heartland (their detentions aren't changing) and placing the worlds most notorious terrorists onto American soil. No, that can't be it. It must be for racist reasons. :rolleyes:

Jesus Darryl, is every thing alright? Your posts are getting dumber and more unbalanced by the day. I can understand disagreement on the core issue between ideological perspectives, but it's a little off kilter to play the race card here ain't it?
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Dumber??? They are already here in Florence and spread amongst the federal prison system, if it was about intelligence you wouldn't understand anyways..

I didn't play the race card, someone else did... so read before you just spout your idle rhetoric.

If you understood the conversation and did not jump to illogical conclusions, you might be a tad better off... asnd sound more intelligent, kind of a two for one daily special.
  8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

No, you brought up racism......... Don't even pretend you used Harry's ranting's as your "justification" to throw out the Race card :singing:

What exactly does this do, again? Closing Gitmo is nothing more than a POLITICAL bone thrown to the left (and this is likely timed that way to appease those pissed by the Afghan troop surge). From a practical standpoint, it simply moves the prisoners from one brick building to another........ cept the second is the US Heartland and not nearly as perfectly suited for this specified sort of detention.

But, oh yeah, I forgot......... Closing Gitmo and moving all it's occupants among the cornfields within a few hundred miles of a MAJOR US metropolis will certainly deny AQ and Bin Ladin the leverage to recruit new foot soldiers (isn't that why we wanted to close Gitmo in the first place?). Oh yeah, this changes everything. :singing:

Face it, Obama is just looking for ANY positive political "points" he can score and "closing" Gitmo, even if it just to move is 1000 miles away or so, it meant just to do that. Great, lets just play "Politics" with serious National Security issues. :rolleyes:
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Maybe that one word "skinheads" did it, Skinheads are usually "white bastards" so I didn't think it would get the politically correct "holy people" all worked up, I wouldn't dare say anything about the "little darlings" locked up in Gitmo.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Oftentimes I forget I am amongst the intelligentia...

This is what he said he would do, and to many of us it makes sense... it needs resolution. If you follow the Bush method of incompetence, the choice of Holder Obama is the best way to proceed.. let me refresh your memory, but do not confused..

Context of 'September 28, 2006: Obama Criticizes Military Commissions Act'

No matter what he does, it does not make sense to the right and its most influential people...
  11. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

At a cost of MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars. We had to BUY this prison. To WHAT benefit. No, this is not the best way to proceed, just cuz your Obama-in-chief say's so, it doesn't make it so. He may think so, but there are lots of others who don't.

The ones still at Gitmo are the worst of the worst........ Noone else in the world world consider taking them. If any get off on technicalities (a real possibility), the world and particularly our country are not safe.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

This "Gitmo Crap" is all about one thing and one thing only, GET BUSH, embarrass Bush, make Bush look bad, God Damn Bush he beat us twice, this will fix him, God Damn Bush.

Get the "poor little terrorists" out of a Bush Prison and put them in a beautiful Obama Prison, God Damn Bush.

America Is Going Nuts, dear Lord God what does the next three years hold for us (he has such a gorgeous smile)
    Let Us Pray
    God Bless Michelles Firm Arms...................:bricks:

Maureen Dowd dreamed she took a shower with Messiah Our Savior Barack Hussein Obama
  13. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

They could take them bowling!!!! With these guys......:cool:
    [​IMG]
    YouTube - Camper Van Beethoven-Take the Skinheads Bowling-The Attic
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

We are paying nothing in Guantanamo??? That whole thing is a freebee??

The BOP probably needs more space, this has been an expansion business for years....doubt if it will exclusively house these folks...
  15. mack207

mack207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It looks like it'll house a max of 100 Gitmo prisoners and a number of federal prisoners.

That's a joke, right? Another poster brought up Stormfront and Darryl called those who frequent Stormfront racists. People who post on Stormfront ARE racist. That's essentially the entire point of the website, that they can go and find other racists and all be happily racist together.
  16. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am an Independent.

GW messed so much **** up.

I am all for torture but why must we leave Guantanamo?

I respect how Israel handles things b/c they do not take any **** and will do whatever is necessary to get info.

Sure this a Republican tendency of mine...... just like Pro-Capital Punishment is as well.

I Hate Conservatives and their BS FETUS Philosophy.... what a crock steamy dump. (Pro-Life)=Bogus. F the Fetus...... that thing is not significant enough to bealive and it is a symbiotic relationship in one direction. Baby needs Host to grow in. Host being the woman does not need the baby to live her life.

so much promise is in embryonic stem cells. I hate US politics with a passion
    We as Americans are damning science just like my Catholic Church did:(
  17. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Think through your logic there Hawk. Humans are dependant on a parent to survive long after they are born. Parents don't need kids to live their lives. F people until they can live their lives on their own?

Back to Gitmo. I was being sarcastic and picking on Darryl when I wondered what stormfront POV was. He's got a reputation for throwing in some qoutes from that site fron time to time in different Posts, I don't know probably to marginalize opinions here that sometimes agree with those at stormfront. Stormfront people oppose the new health care and so do most republicans. He wants you to do the math I think ..........Sorry Darryl.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The parallels between Stormfront and the posts on this board are amazingly similary.. get the Konnection Komrade????...
  19. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Hey sweatpea, your kinda new here so you get a pass, but.......... READ THE FUGGING THREAD again.

The Stormfront mention was saterical, except Darryl, see's that. He always does, and he always equates Stormfront/racism to posters on her who don't think like him.

The more important thing is when he brings it up, it generally has NOTHING TO DO with the topic at hand (which I believe is Gitmo. Another incredible OVERREACH.

..... and your posts look like they come straight from Kos or DU.......... Who cares though. It's Irrelevant. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Bush Prison Bad
    Obama Prison Good

Al Gore building a prison>>>>>>>>>>:bricks: