Welcome to PatsFans.com

Guantanamo Case Files In Disarray

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

Guantanamo Case Files In Disarray, Washington Post: Obama Admin. Finds Files On Detainees Non-Existent Or "Scattered" Across Agencies - CBS News

...they found that information on individual prisoners is "scattered throughout the executive branch," a senior administration official said. The executive order Obama signed Thursday orders the prison closed within one year, and a Cabinet-level panel named to review each case separately will have to spend its initial weeks and perhaps months scouring the corners of the federal government in search of relevant material.

Several former Bush administration officials agreed that the files are incomplete and that no single government entity was charged with pulling together all the facts and the range of options for each prisoner. They said that the CIA and other intelligence agencies were reluctant to share information, and that the Bush administration's focus on detention and interrogation made preparation of viable prosecutions a far lower priority.

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

Makes me feel safe all over again ... can't believe this sentence is in that article. Isn't this why everything was overhauled. Some complained about Panetta but I think this is why he is there ... to take care of those that have had their own way for much too long.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Gitmo Head Hunters:
    Send them to Rikers Island and let the Gang Bangers kill them.

DEMOCRATS WANT TO CLOSE GITMO BECAUSE BUSH OPENED GITMO

JUST MORE CHILDISH SORE LOSING HATE BUSH SH1T.

They just had pictures on the news of Gitmo, the headhunters were all laughing, jogging and playing soccer, they're living better than Obama's brother in his grass hut or Aunt Zucchini and her food stamps. Aunt Zucchini is freezing her a$s off in a housing project while Mohammad down in Gitmo is out playing in the sun and eating Lemon Chicken.

GOD DAMN AMERICA
    (send me to gitmo i love the ocean air)

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

Wasn't this one of the things that were suppposed to get better after 9-11.. this is concerning information. It reminds me of a Baldacci novel.. sometimes life does seem to imitate art.