PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GScott waived..Phinisee waived from PSqd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Per Reiss.....Guss Scott is gone...Lustin Phinisee out as well..what does this mean??? Scott to Psqd later in week...and?? Who will be added?

Maybe they're making room to add a linebacker.

Per Reiss.....Guss Scott is gone...Lustin Phinisee out as well..what does this mean??? Scott to Psqd later in week...and?? Who will be added?

Certainly some baffling moves this year, if the Pats braintrust's goal is to keep us guessing and confused, consider it a job well done. Don't we have a punter on the practice squad ? Yet they sign a 70 year old punter ? I like Sean Lendetta, but cmon, he was good for the 1986 Super Bowl Champion Giants. Hell, Bellichick was in his 30's when Lendetta was good.

Certainly some baffling moves this year, if the Pats braintrust's goal is to keep us guessing and confused, consider it a job well done. Don't we have a punter on the practice squad ? Yet they sign a 70 year old punter ? I like Sean Lendetta, but cmon, he was good for the 1986 Super Bowl Champion Giants. Hell, Bellichick was in his 30's when Lendetta was good.

Landeta has yet to be signed.

I haven't given up hope on Bam Childress. But I'd agree on a linebacker being added. It's too late to add a free agent wideout from the street.

I think maybe a LB to be added....As Pats 1 said Landetta NOT signed...kist in for a tryout...I am thinking they may have someone else holding for Guts..
bring a punter in later in the week..I don't think Baugher is gealthy to punt..so it may ne as Britt was last year sifned..and NOT ready to play.

Landeta fits BB's penchant for hiring former players. He was on both of BB's Giants superbowl teams ('86 and '91).

He was drafted before David Thomas was born and Maroney was learning to walk when Landetta played in his first NFL game in 1985...........
He is consistent thought averaging 42-44 ypp every year

And he's almost two years OLDER than Vinny T.!!!!!!!!

I think you're right, look for Guss Scott to go back to the practice squad. Seems like they're bumping the entire safety ladder down a peg.

Cowart and Ruff were in yesterday. Ruff's second trip. Looks like a LB to me.

Cowart and Ruff were in yesterday. Ruff's second trip. Looks like a LB to me.
Which may speak to Vrabel's ankle needing a couple weeks to heal a little before the Wild Card round.

I think you're right, look for Guss Scott to go back to the practice squad. Seems like they're bumping the entire safety ladder down a peg.

Given this observation one would speculate that this means RODNEYwill be back?

Ironically, one area we might end up having more depth, better backups this season is at safety. Remembet the debacle in the Panthers SB with Wilson & Harrison out? Only once Brady got the ball for the last possesion, we knew it was game over, lights out.

Ironically, one area we might end up having more depth, better backups this season is at safety. Remember the debacle in the Panthers SB with Wilson & Harrison out? Only once Brady got the ball for the last possesion, we knew it was game over, lights out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back