PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GScott to Texans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
From KFFL...GScott was picked up off waivers from the Patriots...I hope he is less injured there..see ya in a few months.

Good luck Gus.

Texans cut five, claim four

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2571927

Associated Press
National Football League News Wire

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans cut five players, including rookie running back Chris Taylor, and claimed four others off waivers on Sunday.

The move leaves the Texans with just two healthy running backs -- rookie Wali Lundy and second-year player Vernand Morency -- after placing Domanick Davis on the injured reserve on Saturday.

The Texans now have 52 players on their roster, one under the NFL-required limit, so they are likely to add another running back.

Also released was veteran defensive tackle Robaire Smith, rookie receiver David Anderson, and defensive backs Kevin Garrett and Michael Stone.

Smith, who has started every game the past two seasons in Houston, had 68 tackles and 1 1/2 sacks in 2005. Stone played in 13 games and had 46 tackles last season for New England.

The Texans added defensive backs Roc Alexander and Guss Scott, receiver Edell Shepherd and defensive tackle Atiyyah Ellison.

Shepherd appeared in 16 games last season for Tampa Bay and had six receptions for 103 yards and a touchdown.

Michael Stone got released. I thought he played good last year for the Pats, I'd like to see him back here.

He could be the latest addition to the dreadlock club.

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
Michael Stone got released. I thought he played good last year for the Pats, I'd to see him back here.

He could be the latest addition to the dreadlock club.

He'd be a natural to pick up the Mel Mitchell/Tebucky Jones slot, if he doesn't think it's cursed.

I also liked WR David Anderson in the draft, kind of surprised he didn't stick. I'd love to see him on the practice squad.

You just knew that passing on Reggie Bush was 'gonna bite them in the a@@. Texans could lock-up the #1 pick again next year. If I were a Texans fan, I'd be mighty upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back