PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gruden thinks the Pats are 'overrated'

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to see em play before we say they stink..... I don't care what their names are, we have'nt seen em play. They are strong up the middle on D that's for sure and that's where it counts!

i think we are strong up the middle on stopping the run...our LBs cant cover a TE/RB and that will be a problem. Our CBs are young and that will show it self. We still do not have a pass rush.

I stand by my commment and hope i am wrong

The Welker point is a non starter. He's back. He's been playing in the pre-season. He looks great.

Anyone who doesn't think the defense is a MAJOR question mark (especially now without Bodden) needs to lay off the LSD laced Kool-Aid ASAP.

The offense will be tremendous.

Agreed 100%. The Defense will not be good this year, period. Too many holes, too much youth, too many injuries.. The offense will be very good, but has a lot of IFS. IF the line can protect Brady, he should have a tremendous year. IF Edelman and Hernandez aren't seriously hurt, they, along with Gronkowski and Tate, should make this offense very good. IF the offensive line can stay healthy. Could be a lot of 28-27 or 30-27 games, hopefully with the Pats on top.

I don't think the Pats can be labeled as overrated, because hardly anyone is even picking them to win the division. The panel on ESPN said 9 wins, that could be exactly right, The Pats face a really difficult schedule to go along with all those question marks on the team.

Gruden is right. The Pats have been overrated since the SB 42 loss. No run game, weak defense, a 4th & 1 gambling head coach and quiet home field fans...

BB: Jon, how's it going?
G: Fine, good to hear from you again Bill after that time at the Bon Jovi concert
BB: Enough of the pleasantries. I need you to rank on my young D. They're overconfident when they shouldn't be and they lack cohesiveneness. They need to feel under attack and disrespected.
G: No problemo. Consider it done.
BB: Don't be too obvious about it. They'll spot you as my sock puppet. Throw in something inane about the offense. Maybe question Welker or something stupid to distract the mediots from what we're doing.
G: I'm on it! And by the way, about that Tuck Rule play...

(dialtone)

Gruden is terrible on Monday Night Football. He's overrated!

Last edited:
Sure, the defense is a "question mark", but doesnt every team have a part, or parts, that is a "question mark?"

Most teams question marks involve a couple positions

Not an entire portion of the team

come on guys...we have a good Offense, but our D stinks, plain and simple. I think we should lower our expectations a little.

Fan is short for fanatic.

You know, guys that drive planes into buildings.

You going to tell them there are only 71 Virgins?:D

I like Gruden and he says it straight which is good. Fact is our D has to be of concern to anybody looking in from the outside and that includes us fans.

Even our offense when you are looking from the outside with Welker just back from injury(although he has been amazing already), Mankins sitting out, rookie tight ends and second year but inexperienced wide receivers.

This group has a lot to prove so its very likely that because they are the Patriots that they are overrated at this moment. Thats not to say that they won't have a good or even great season.

Make that 2 pre-season games, with the same result:

This "defense"(snicker) can't stop anyone.
What 2 games? You are counting ONE drive by the Giants as a 'game that we can't stop anyone'? Really?

Gruden is right. The Pats have been overrated since the SB 42 loss. No run game, weak defense, a 4th & 1 gambling head coach and quiet home field fans...
Really? What were they ranked in rushing in the 2 years?
The team that went 11-5 with Matt Cassell was overrated? Where are all those people who expected them to be better than 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB. Yeah, they overrated them, or they dont exist.
The defense that allows the 5th fewest points in the league cannot be called weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back