PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ground game - Stating the obvious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Would I be Capt. Obvious if I said I could see NE utilizing it's stable of RB's to try and keep a still gelling D off the field?
I know that "establishing a running game and controlling the clock and pace of the game" is kinda cliche, but could this be the week that they REALLY try and get the ground game going?
This could be the day that keeping an additional RB pays off.
Thoughts?

Oh, after said ground game is rolling, burn Rhodes on play-action deep.

The other way to look at it is to get a lead with the passing game and make a rookie throw into what is probably the strength of our defense. After the way we ran last week I wouldn't be very patient with it.

The other way to look at it is to get a lead with the passing game and make a rookie throw into what is probably the strength of our defense. After the way we ran last week I wouldn't be very patient with it.

That sounds equally plausible
Oh, the possibilities.

Would I be Capt. Obvious if I said I could see NE utilizing it's stable of RB's to try and keep a still gelling D off the field?
I know that "establishing a running game and controlling the clock and pace of the game" is kinda cliche, but could this be the week that they REALLY try and get the ground game going?
This could be the day that keeping an additional RB pays off.
Thoughts?

Oh, after said ground game is rolling, burn Rhodes on play-action deep.

Let's hope so. We have to run block better.

Kevin Faulk leads the team in all purpose yards so far this year and by many fan accounts Maroney is running hard and we know what type player Taylor is when healthy. So we have the stable of horses.

My first guess would be that we abandon the run early and simply throw the ball and hopefully don't watch Brady get hit a lot. But I know nothing about the plan. The Jets are probably ready for screen passes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back