PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk's TD spike ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
..... I think the big guy should incorporate the failed spike into his TD routine from here on out. I think it would be awesome if he played this missed spike thing out for the rest of the season. Just perfect things a tad bit and he'll be golden.

Last edited:
I picture BB in tomorrow's film sessions, giving one of his classic withering assessments of Gronk's execution on that spike!

rob-gronkowski-spike-fail.gif

:D

Love the way he looked at his glove afterwards.

Was gonna post a bunch of Polish jokes in return, but then NUT might tell Gronk where I live. :eek:

This is my only worry this season, the o line looks like it will get by, and the defence looks fine..but failed gronk spikes could well and truly cost us the superbowl

;)

Said it before...Gronk reminds me of a big playful dog who is always happy. It's ironic that he makes circus catches of bullet spirals but muffs the spike. :D

Last edited:
Did anyone hear a high-pitched cackling laugh after that happened. I swear I heard Gronk laughing like a little girl after that. Someone with DVR should rewind it and tell me if I heard right. I think it really was Gronk.

Word is out and the balls are wise to Gronk. That ball squirmed for it's life right out of his hand.

I laughed... then comforted myself with the fact that he'd already done the job pre-spike. ;)

Just thinking...it's mighty easy to get used to greatness, isn't it?

Gronk had 6 catches for 60 yards and a TD while plowing open big holes as a blocker, and in all of the post-game discussion all we take note of is the missed spike!

I'll take 20 more muffed spikes like that with NO PROBLEM!

Just thinking...it's mighty easy to get used to greatness, isn't it?

Gronk had 6 catches for 60 yards and a TD while plowing open big holes as a blocker, and in all of the post-game discussion all we take note of is the missed spike!

The pursuit of Excellence shows no mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots