PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
im drafting this guy as my backup TE tonight in my ffl draft with like the 18th round pick. Probably not even necessary as i could get him off waivers but whatever.

Is he the starter or is it Crumpler? or Hernandez?

That play where he dragged the legion of doom's son into the endzone was awesome. he's lucky he didn't get knocked into next thursday by someone else.

That play where he dragged the legion of doom's son into the endzone was awesome. he's lucky he didn't get knocked into next thursday by someone else.

I think that's why he decided to dive for the end zone rather than continue to drag Son-of-Animal.

In any case, though, that's the beauty of having a tank like Gronkowski: if you get it to him inside the 5, his momentum alone should make it a TD.

GRONK!!! Not only does he have a great name, the kid can PLAY. Blocking, catching, strength, skills, and heart he's got em. I mean the way he dragged that kid into the endzone. Now that's a FOOTBALL player! :rocker:

Brady has got some serious weapons on offense. And the Pats special teams return game looks more explosive than ever in the return game : Tate, McCourty, Welker, Edelman. That's a heckuva a group to stop. Short fields mean more scores, particularly with the talent the Pats have on offense this year.

we have our own jason witten now

Going on the little i've seen of Gronkowski, he maybe the best TE the Pats have had since Russ Francis, maybe better, that was a long time ago.

Last edited:
Going on the little i've seen of Gronkowski, he maybe the best TE the Pats have had since Russ Francis, maybe better.

Come on now. I love what I've seen of Gronk so far, but I'm not going to put his bust in Canton yet. Sheesh! He has the potential to be a REALLY good one though. We'll just have to wait and see. The Pats have definitely upgraded the tight end position big time. I am not going to be missing 'stone hands' Watson. That's for sure.

Gronk showed outstanding determination and strength on his 1st TD catch last night and outstanding athleticism and reach going up for his second 2nd TD catch. And he has blocked well this preseason. He is the total package at TE.

Last edited:
Come on now. I love what I've seen of Gronk so far, but I'm not going to put his bust in Canton yet. Sheesh! He has the potential to be a REALLY good one though. We'll just have to wait and see. The Pats have definitely upgraded the tight end position big time. I am not going to be missing 'stone hands' Watson. That's for sure.

Gronk showed outstanding determination and strength on his 1st TD catch last night and outstanding athleticism and reach going up for his second 2nd TD catch. And he has blocked well this preseason. He is the total package at TE.
Thats why i said "From what little i've seen" so far, I can't remember any TE that ha such a combination of size, speed, strength, and hands.

Last edited:
Thats why i said "From what little i've seen" so far, I can't remember any TE that ha such a combination of size, speed, strength, and hands.

To borrow from the play-by-play folks last night: Gronkowski doesn't find holes in the defense. He makes holes in the defense.

To borrow from the play-by-play folks last night: Gronkowski doesn't find holes in the defense. He makes holes in the defense.

So... what you're saying is that he's a rapist?

As the announcer said, Brady finally has his Ben Coates. AWESOME!

Out of all the TE's BB has drafted. I think Gronk is the one BB has been looking for all arong. He has the size, skill, blocking and catching ability. He has attitude but you can tell he really enjoys football and it contagious.

It was nice seeing Brady throw the ball to Gronk down the seam last night. Shows that he's starting to have some serious trust in Gronk in the passing game, which is a good thing. He and Hernandez should go a long way in improving our red zone offense.

It's all about trust, and Brady was never able to trust Watson and Graham was always injured doing the thing he didn't want to do, block. He fretted about the toll almost from the day he was signed. It's early yet, Watson and Graham had their moments virtually running over opponents early on. Then the game - at least as played here - seemed to pass them by. Brady said last week they are taking it slow with these new kids on offense, they have a pared down playbook compared to the volumes Moss and Welker can recite of the top of their heads. That said, these two look a lot more instinctive. As Zo observed last night, not only was Watson easily knocked off his routes, he didn't ever get comfortable knowing where to go (which his QB did) when that happened.

I had a Mark Bavaro-doppleganger moment when I saw that last nite:rocker:

I think Gronk should keep the hair for the season.
capt.16d16563922e4232b7ea0813225f4ab4-16d16563922e4232b7ea0813225f4ab4-0.jpg

Without checking into it...Has anyone seen what the highly heralded top pick Gresham has done so far as a Bengal?

Would be nothing greater than Gronkowski/Hernendez to outdo the first round TE draft pick in week 1.

For us older fans 40+, this guy could be our modern version of Russ Francis

im drafting this guy as my backup TE tonight in my ffl draft with like the 18th round pick. Probably not even necessary as i could get him off waivers but whatever.

Is he the starter or is it Crumpler? or Hernandez?

Good point though, where the hell were the other 10 Rams?

Tyrannosaurus Gronk!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back