PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muslimman

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Link

I just read that piece on NFL.com on early 2010 award predictions. Pretty solid article but Brooks surprised me by having Brandon Spikes as a nominee for Defensive Rookie of the Year while leaving out Gronk as a possibility for Offensive Rookie of the Year...

Im real high on this rookie after his very impressive preseason performance. And I know its just the preseason but my thinking is that why doubt the kid when all he has done is make plays on the field. The main reason for posting this is that I wanted to get everyones opinions on his role in the offense after watching him in the preseason. Like many others during training camp I was predicting that Hernandez would be more productive (which he still might who knows) but now after seeing Gronks chemistry with Brady and how high Belichick is on Crumpler I really dont know how much of an impact Hernandez can have.

Link

I just read that piece on NFL.com on early 2010 award predictions. Pretty solid article but Brooks surprised me by having Brandon Spikes as a nominee for Defensive Rookie of the Year while leaving out Gronk as a possibility for Offensive Rookie of the Year...

Im real high on this rookie after his very impressive preseason performance. And I know its just the preseason but my thinking is that why doubt the kid when all he has done is make plays on the field. The main reason for posting this is that I wanted to get everyones opinions on his role in the offense after watching him in the preseason. Like many others during training camp I was predicting that Hernandez would be more productive (which he still might who knows) but now after seeing Gronks chemistry with Brady and how high Belichick is on Crumpler I really dont know how much of an impact Hernandez can have.

This is the year of the TE in NE and we shall see TEs used in passing situations more than ever before.

A Tight End has never won OROTY.

Not going to happen. Hernandez is going to be heavily involved as well. He and Gronk will cancel each other out, and don't forget Crumpler will see a lot of time as a 6th OL.

If he stays healthy, Gronk is going to have a solid career (I've heard comparisons to Todd Heap and Kevin Boss). But the odds are stacked against him for OROTY.

This year's rookie class is especially deep... Mathews, Spiller, Bryant, Best, Bradford seem to be the early front-runners.

Last edited:
Are you serious? 4 preseason games and he should be rookie of the year over a guy like Ryan Mathews who will get 300+ carries and 40+ catches?

He would have a chance if he would eclipse 1000 receiving yards or break the record for receiving touchdowns by a tight end. I don't see that happen.

This is the year of the TE in NE and we shall see TEs used in passing situations more than ever before.

Haha I like that... year of the TE in NE. If nothing else this year is at least definitely the best for nicknames and catch phrases with additions like Brandon "the Spike" Spikes, Zoltan "Space Emporer" Mesko and of course...

476510c3-ad94-4554-b00e-fd105d15107c.jpg

If he gets on SC top ten plays a few times and has > 10 TDs, then I think he could win it. I think he'll "only" catch 5 or 6 TDs. Anyway, Bill uses what works and if that's Gronk in the redzone he'll have a shot.

He would have a chance if he would eclipse 1000 receiving yards or break the record for receiving touchdowns by a tight end. I don't see that happen.

That would mean 14+ TDs for Gronk. At this point, that's not entirely out of the question. ;)

It's highly unlikely that Gronk will be considered for OROTY because of guys like Sam Bradford and Ryan Mathews.

That being said, Gronk will probably be the Pats ROTY..

Haha I like that... year of the TE in NE. If nothing else this year is at least definitely the best for nicknames and catch phrases with additions like Brandon "the Spike" Spikes Zoltan "Space Emporer" Mesko and of course...

476510c3-ad94-4554-b00e-fd105d15107c.jpg

Nope,he has a new nickname

Brandon "watch my junk on video and see if you likes" Spikes

Are you serious? 4 preseason games and he should be rookie of the year over a guy like Ryan Mathews who will get 300+ carries and 40+ catches?

Are you kidding? Never said he should or even would be OROTY. I thought he should be in the conversation of early award predictions. Either way I guess youre right cause we arent analyzing Matthews on the same 4 preseason games (which Gronk led the league in TDs) and on his draft position.

Link

He has Norv Turner as coach of the year, so i can't take anything this guy says seriously.

Last edited:
I saw the story and had the same reaction at first. But you look at the names and they're hard to argue with (though I'm not sold on Dez B yet). Rooting for Gronk but am thinking Bradford will be the guy.

Though I'm CERTAIN Zoltan will get RPOY.:)

I saw the story and had the same reaction at first. But you look at the names and they're hard to argue with (though I'm not sold on Dez B yet). Rooting for Gronk but am thinking Bradford will be the guy.

Though I'm CERTAIN Zoltan will get RPOY.:)

Umm. . . . when you're Space Emperor (of Space), even MVP has a hollow ring to it. :D

Last edited:
I demand a recount!

No double Gronk for Thanksgiving. Dan was just traded to the Bronc's for A. Smith.

No double Gronk for Thanksgiving. Dan was just traded to the Bronc's for A. Smith.
I know im going to going to still get Gronked on Thanksgiving. :bricks: Its a tradition

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes