PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski injury could affect performance vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the team is being careful with him.
Does anybody dare wonder if these two guys are both injury prone? If Gronk had been healthy in school I wouldn't include him just because of the Pollard thing. That seemed unavoidable. I might consider Aaron to be injury prone though.

I certainly don't put them in the Ironman category of a Vince, Mayo, Brady or Welker. Those guys get hurt but not repetitively. They don't cause you to doubt they are likely to complete the 16 games.

Hernandez I can see as he's had some type of injury all 3 years here. This would be Gronks first real injury since he has been here (and im not counting the AFCCG since it was the end of the season).

Where are all these speculations coming from? How do you tell if someone is in serious pain without seeing his medical records? His drops were tough catches IMO, the fumble was also a tough play, there is nothing to indicate that they were a results of some severe pain that he can't bare.
I am not saying that he is not hurt or in pain, I am saying that you can't speculate the level of pain from the silly evidence these reporters are providing.

Well, IMO the drop that should have been a TD, he was taking it lackadaisical because he thought he would just waltz in uncontested. The other two I could give you as "tough plays". But in general I think so far he is not so focused on bringing the ball in as he was last year.

If he is hurting that may be the explanation. I just figured the $$ and chicks had gone to his head.

Hernandez I can see as he's had some type of injury all 3 years here. This would be Gronks first real injury since he has been here (and im not counting the AFCCG since it was the end of the season).

Gronk's injury was pretty severe last year - it clearly affected him in the SB and I will argue it changed the outcome of that game.

As great as Gronk and AH have been, they have both had their share of injuries (Aaron having missed major time and Gronk been great affected on the biggest stage). Having said that, I marvel at a guy like Tony Gonzalez who has been so great for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes