Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
He desrves a thread, have fun............

He's a top 5 draft pick we got in round two. Tell me he's not. What is his limit as a tight end?

With apologies to George Clinton: We've got the GRONK
YouTube - P-Funk All Stars - We Want The Funk

Throw the touchdown, we're gonna get a touchdown, touchdown
Throw the touchdown Brady

He's got a real tight end thing going down, gettin' open
There's a whole lot of passes goin' round

Ow, we've got the GRONK
Throw to the GRONK
Run block by the GRONK
Ow, we've got the GRONK

La la la la la
Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, owww!

Ow, we've got the GRONK
Throw to the GRONK
Run block by the GRONK
Ow, we've got the GRONK

La la la la la
Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, owww!

We're gonna score a touchdown here

Ow, we've got the GRONK
Throw to the GRONK [in the end zone he'll get the touchdown]
Run block by the GRONK
Ow, we've got the GRONK

Ow, we've got the GRONK
Throw to the GRONK [in the end zone he'll get the touchdown]
Run block by the GRONK
Ow, we've got the GRONK

[repeat]

Last edited:
Best TE in football....jimmy graham,finley whoever are receivers nothing more.

No

Ride out his rookie contract and get forced to pay top dollar for him

Not to be facetious, but they'd have to promise big money to get him to extend his contract after this season.

Gronk=Cheating. We might lose a first round pick.

Not to be facetious, but they'd have to promise big money to get him to extend his contract after this season.

I wonder if we'll be able to keep him and Hernandez

He's a top 5 draft pick we got in round two. Tell me he's not. What is his limit as a tight end?
Seriously, he is on his way to 1300 receiving yards and 14 TDs, arent those alltime TE #s?

I wonder if we'll be able to keep him and Hernandez

I don't see why not. TE isn't a big-money position. It's not like trying to keep two elite WRs at $12M apiece or something.

I was amazed at how HUGE he looked on that touchdown where he just snag the ball out of the air in front of the defender, the defender looked like an ant compared to him.

I don't see why not. TE isn't a big-money position. It's not like trying to keep two elite WRs at $12M apiece or something.

I think with his importance to the team he can basically pick his price. Like a poster above me stated, he's on a historic pace for a TE. He's nearly impossible to tackle, can block like a lineman, get downfield and catch like a receiver. He's an incredible player. Easily worth whatever he ends up getting.

Seriously, he is on his way to 1300 receiving yards and 14 TDs, arent those alltime TE #s?
As far as I can tell the record for TE receiving yards is 1290 by Kellen Winslow in 1980.
I think Gronk had 113 tonight which put him at 709. 709 divided by 9 = 78.8 per game which equals 1260 in 16 games, which would place him 2nd all time among TEs, and his 8 TDs in 9 games works out to 15 for the season. The most since 1960 (if not ever is 13)

I think with his importance to the team he can basically pick his price. Like a poster above me stated, he's on a historic pace for a TE. He's nearly impossible to tackle, can block like a lineman, get downfield and catch like a receiver. He's an incredible player. Easily worth whatever the Pats will give him.

FYPFY. BB finally found his white whale (or Mark Bavaro, if you prefer ;) ). He's not going to give up GRONK without a fight.

Last edited:
Gronk has 2 years left on his contract after this year, they wont let him get away, hes the TE that Belichick has been trying to get for 10 years.

As for Hernandez, hes pretty much a WR, the patriots should be able to sign him for decent money, especially after the cap goes up after this year.

but these players are down the road, for now, Welker, Mayo, and Chung need to be resigned in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes