PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk vs. Odell for Madden Cover, Results at 6pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk is the king of TE's in Madden.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...-gronkowskis-madden-rating-as-high-as-it-gets
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...-gronkowskis-madden-rating-as-high-as-it-gets

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has topped all players at the position in Madden NFL 16 rankings, with a 99 OVR. No tight end rated higher, with Seattle's Jimmy Graham (95), Dallas' Jason Witten (93), Carolina's Greg Olsen (92) and Kansas City's Travis Kelce (91) rounding out the top five.

As EA Sports notes, "Gronk has three of the top ratings among tight ends with 94 Spectacular Catch, 98 Catch in Traffic, and 95 Release. He adds 94 Catching and 82 SPD/87 ACC/84 JMP/84 SFA. When healthy, there’s nobody better."

I don't play console games unless it's Nintendo and Mario but does Madden allow players in the game to injure other players? Is it possible?

I don't play console games unless it's Nintendo and Mario but does Madden allow players in the game to injure other players? Is it possible?

Yes it's possible.

That aside, I heard a comment that made me think on a radio station today. I've bascially thought it since the night I saw it happen live. Is there any doubt that ODB had stickum or something on his gloves? The velocity of the pass, added to the trajectory it was taking which as more on a plane than vertical and I don't see how anyone could grasp that. It was going then died. Gronks catch against Denver he basically cupped the nose of the football. ODB caught it in his palm.

I think either be good. Gronk deserves it more as he is more established.

I am really excited to see what Beckham can do this year though. I will admit I am curious.

Yes it's possible.

That aside, I heard a comment that made me think on a radio station today. I've bascially thought it since the night I saw it happen live. Is there any doubt that ODB had stickum or something on his gloves? The velocity of the pass, added to the trajectory it was taking which as more on a plane than vertical and I don't see how anyone could grasp that. It was going then died. Gronks catch against Denver he basically cupped the nose of the football. ODB caught it in his palm.

I think the gloves they wear today are very grippy. But Beckham is just trying to match its velocity by moving his arm and hand in the same direction to give the football a smoother landing. I'm surprised more players don't think of doing this instead of keeping their hand/arm in a static position.

Watching footage from pregame you can see he does the same thing. Good for him on recognizing that. I just don't understand why more players haven't.

I think the gloves they wear today are very grippy. But Beckham is just trying to match its velocity by moving his arm and hand in the same direction to give the football a smoother landing. I'm surprised more players don't think of doing this instead of keeping their hand/arm in a static position.

Watching footage from pregame you can see he does the same thing. Good for him on recognizing that. I just don't understand why more players haven't.

Even then I thought and still think it looks extremely unnatural. I've seen his warmups. I've seen it several times and the ball just stops on the palm of his glove. I've done comparisons with Gronks (initially I was skeptical of that one too), and I find a more natural and explainable than ODB twisting backwards falling to the ground and overextending your arm and then it just stops. I've seen spectacular catches, but this was one of a small handful that I immediately screamed BS on.

Even then I thought and still think it looks extremely unnatural. I've seen his warmups. I've seen it several times and the ball just stops on the palm of his glove. I've done comparisons with Gronks (initially I was skeptical of that one too), and I find a more natural and explainable than ODB twisting backwards falling to the ground and overextending your arm and then it just stops. I've seen spectacular catches, but this was one of a small handful that I immediately screamed BS on.

Well I don't think ODB uses stickum but you never know I guess. That being said I'm not very impressed with his catch anyways, perhaps because I understand in theory how he did it. Great catch, but best catch ever? Hah! not really! Gronk's catch was way harder and way more impressive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back