PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk told to cut it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I haven't been paying attention enough this offseason...what exactly is he "cutting out"? I know he's been doing things like that home run derby and spiking hockey pucks, but has he done anything to embarrass the team in any way?

Maybe I haven't been paying attention enough this offseason...what exactly is he "cutting out"? I know he's been doing things like that home run derby and spiking hockey pucks, but has he done anything to embarrass the team in any way?

Posing nude for ESPN's Body issue
Appearing on FOX's The Choice
Co-hosting Access Hollywood Live
General partying, which usually involves pics ending up online

I wish I had half the body he does...he's proud of it and rightfully so. Plus, there were plenty of athletes it's not like he did it on his own
Appearing on a TV show is pretty benign
Who the hell even watched Access Hollywood Live. Good for him for branching out.
Yeah, 23 year olds tend to party...I guess Coach Belichick shouldn't be drafting these young punks that enjoy themselves.

How are any of these bad for the organization, or even Gronk himself? God, people; let him live his life especially in the offseason.

And yet all of these combined don't hold a candle to the Kraft video.

The sad part to me, is that if he only has a good season this year instead of a great one, people will point the blame at this crap, rather than acknowledge that he's coming back from an injury and it's almost impossible to duplicate what he did last year (especially with more weapons in the offense this year). No, it will be all, "Gronk needs to refocus on football, it's no longer his priority, blah blah blah."

If the injury was truely an issue, then he shouldn' have been doing some of the things he's doing.

If he doesn't have a great season -- doesn't have to be a TD breaking season like last, but should still be great by TE standards, then offseason conditioning/training/prep is definitely something that should be questioned.

It's possible he's training hard and partying during off training hours.
It's also possible that he's not training hard and just enjoying the summer.

Last edited:
If the injury was truely an issue, then he shouldn' have been doing some of the things he's doing.

If he doesn't have a great season -- doesn't have to be a TD breaking season like last, but should still be great by TE standards, then offseason conditioning/training/prep is definitely something that should be questioned.

It's possible he's training hard and partying during off training hours.
It's also possible that he's not training hard and just enjoying the summer.

I actually wouldn't mind if he had a down season. Just enough to get that cold stare from Brady a few times. Maybe he is just a stats guys and that might wake him the **** up.

At least he is no Ochocinco who was dumb enough to risk the whole season by playing another sport in the offseason which is known for leg injuries like soccer just to show the world he is alive :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: You'd probably be able to get over Ochocinco quicker if you stopped scrambling for ways to take shots at him all the time.

I think this is only about the fact that training camp is just around the corner and its a message to gronk that its the time of year to start focusing on football.

Curran reported that this was more of a general message to everybody so maybe you're right.

I'm still annoyed though! Grrr

I'd be concerned if he was allegedly assaulting his mother or being investigated for a DUI with a long and distinguished history of antisocial behavior. If this is the worst headache an effervescent budding superstar is going provide then so be it.

Last edited:
And yet all of these combined don't hold a candle to the Kraft video.

Perhaps you missed the fact that Kraft was just reading a script trying to help his gf land an acting job. If you did not miss that then...:eek:

All of which pales before Funky Bob Kraft's moves with the hot bod in the bikini on You Tube. At least Gronk's age is in the same area code as the girls with whom he is partying.

(Just to be clear lest flame throwers be ignited, I have no problem with what Mr. Kraft did and think it's his own business, but so are Gronk's extracurricular activities, at least as reported to date.)

Last edited:
I'd be concerned if he was allegedly assaulting his mother or being investigated for a DUI with a long and distinguished history of antisocial behavior. If this is the worst headache an effervescent budding superstar is going provide then so be it.

Exactly. He's a young guy that just got a nice pay raise and is becoming one of the premiere faces of the league. Why shouldn't he cut loose in the offseason?

What exactly qualifies you to comment on what Rob does in his spare/personal time?

Hint: The correct answer is: Absolutely NOTHING at all, I'll be quiet and let the 20ish kid have fun. When it affects the team, then I'll comment and be judgmental. Because that's what I think my right is as a fan.

Last edited:
What exactly qualifies you to comment on what Rob does in his spare/personal time?

Hint: The correct answer is: Absolutely NOTHING at all, I'll be quiet and let the 20ish kid have fun. When it affects the team, then I'll comment and be judgmental. Because that's what I think my right is as a fan.

I took it as Sciz simply answering the previous poster's question with the facts.

Did anyone catch Bill Simmons' BS Report podcast a few days ago? He had some pretty hilarious stories of Gronk at the ESPYs.
Thanks to your tip, I listened to that podcast and chuckled throughout the Gronk portion. Guy is such a man-child, but ultimately harmless.

Gronk to elevator attendant: "That roof party we're heading to...can we party without our shirts?"

Attendant: :confused: "Um...I guess."

Gronk brothers: "Yeah!" :highfivesincrowdedelevator:

Me: :headshakewhilesmiling:

Regards,
Chris

Too bad he doesn't have sisters

I actually wouldn't mind if he had a down season. Just enough to get that cold stare from Brady a few times. Maybe he is just a stats guys and that might wake him the **** up.

Yep, doing flying flips into the end zone after getting hit by a safety and landing on his head is the act of a stats-only guy.

Dragging a middle linebacker twenty yards downfield in the Washington game is the act of a stats guy...

I live in the Woodland Hills School district which is where Gronk did his senior year of high school. I know some of his coaches, and they all agree on a couple of things:

1) Even as a HS senior, they knew he was a man among boys and could play on Sundays as they have seen half a dozen of their players play on Sunday.

2) Football is extraordinarily important to Gronk.

3) Football is important because it is FUN and Gronk like FUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back