PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk told to cut it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Kraft's week they picked the wrong time to tell him.

Any way that a player goes about staying in shape will carry some risk of injury. I'd rather accept that risk and move on than have players reporting to camp out of shape. Also, you didn't answer my question: do you think Steve Nash is an idiot for playing soccer in the offseason to keep in shape?

There are tons of ways to stay in shape....when I need to stay in shape,Soccer is not my first choice.

As I said,it's not wise for ANY athlete to spend time in the majors in another sport,it's risky yet it's been done.

WWIW Nash was born and raised to playing soccer and even won a junior title,I am sure he knows the sport well and the ways to go about playing it while guys like Chad are doing it for attention....while injury can happen with a trained athlete or a novice,I would bet most of the time the novice player gets injured more often.

No bonehead moves, Gronk. That's all I ask, sir.

There are tons of ways to stay in shape....when I need to stay in shape,Soccer is not my first choice.

As I said,it's not wise for ANY athlete to spend time in the majors in another sport,it's risky yet it's been done.

WWIW Nash was born and raised to playing soccer and even won a junior title,I am sure he knows the sport well and the ways to go about playing it while guys like Chad are doing it for attention....while injury can happen with a trained athlete or a novice,I would bet most of the time the novice player gets injured more often.

On what basis are you "sure" of this? Your bias is showing :p

As long as he isn't getting arrested, driving "DUI," forcing himself on women or totaling his motorcycle while not wearing a helmet, I really don't care if he parties a tad in the off-season. He's young. He's gorgeous. They're young. They're gorgeous. I'm just jealous!

It's all still mild compared to Papa Bobby Kraft's getting down with his very funky moves and bleeping the moment next to the hot bod in a bikini.

Simplest theory -- he's been told that with all this publicity around him, as well as the horribly damaging injury he's coming back from, he needs to come to camp in absolutely unassailable shape if he wants to keep his teammates' and coaches' respect, and that's hard to do unless he works on it beforehand.

Actually, that's the second simplest. The simplest is "We're tired of being asked about this stuff all the time. You need to tone it down."

Last edited:
I see this move as being 100% proactive in keeping one of our future franchise players on the proper path to success, and nothing more.

No, maybe he wasn't doing some of the dumber things that we've seen from players on other teams, but he was potentially going off of the path--at least in mindset and attitude. Being a successful football player is not just measured on the field, as we all have seen. Habits are hard to break, and I believe that the team was just nipping the situation in the bud, so to speak before anything too major occured.

We've questioned how the team would react to some of his partying/free spirit moves already in the 2 years that he's been here, so it really shouldn't come as much of a surprise in my opinion.

A conspiracy theory would also be that there may have been a rumor or episode that the team was privy to that we fans did not hear about, which would help to justify their move here too; but that is obviously just speculation of course.

note to pats: he's 23..let him live

How long is he going to keep it up though? You look at the guys who are at the top and STAY there and they usually don't have endless parties during the offseason.

This was probably the strongest asset of a guy like Rice or if we want to make a more relevant comparison...Tony Gonzalez.

At least he is no Ochocinco who was dumb enough to risk the whole season by playing another sport in the offseason which is known for leg injuries like soccer just to show the world he is alive :rolleyes:

I see where you are going with this, but I think there are better examples than Ochocinco for NFL players making bad choices. More recently I can think of Dumervil and Lynch.

Simplest theory -- he's been told that with all this publicity around him, as well as the horribly damaging injury he's coming back from, he needs to come to camp in absolutely unassailable shape if he wants to keep his teammates' and coaches' respect, and that's hard to do unless he works on it beforehand.

Actually, that's the second simplest. The simplest is "We're tired of being asked about this stuff all the time. You need to tone it down."

Umm, I think we all know that he is now. . . :eek:

How long is he going to keep it up though? You look at the guys who are at the top and STAY there and they usually don't have endless parties during the offseason.

This was probably the strongest asset of a guy like Rice or if we want to make a more relevant comparison...Tony Gonzalez.

was gronk having endless parties?

I think this is only about the fact that training camp is just around the corner and its a message to gronk that its the time of year to start focusing on football.

I think this is only about the fact that training camp is just around the corner and its a message to gronk that its the time of year to start focusing on football.......OR ELSE,HE GETS THIS!!!

bob-kraft-punch.jpg

I think this is only about the fact that training camp is just around the corner and its a message to gronk that its the time of year to start focusing on football.

The team has to remind him of that?

Reports are that he crossed streams with two of his brothers and a stranger at the ESPY awards.

It could be much worse... Gronk could be getting busted for DUI or flashing a piece in a fit of road rage.. or assaulting his own mother. I'd rather he just keep partying shirtless with coed's.

Gronk can be nude anyday of the week til training camp starts, as long as he dosnt push his mother like Dez bryant.

Did anyone catch Bill Simmons' BS Report podcast a few days ago? He had some pretty hilarious stories of Gronk at the ESPYs.

...ahem....(climbs up on towering pedestal...)

Enough of this behavior Mr. Gronkowski!~!!! From now on you will do what I, Joe Kerr ,the sainted crown of creation and perfect human being did when HE was your age....

stoned-hippies-dancing.jpeg

oh.....(slinks off muttering non sequiturs....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back