Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gronk told to cut it out.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ric_Flair, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ric_Flair

Ric_Flair Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. basement zombie

basement zombie Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,087 / 6 / -23

#61 Jersey

If he wasn't such a half-wit he'd be dangerous. :cool:
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Why? He hasn't actually done anything bad. It's been more of a "I hope his partying doesn't lead to him doing something stupid like getting a DUI", but it hasn't happened and I'm guessing this is the end of his non-football fun for the season anyway.
  5. Peachhead

Peachhead PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

*sigh* Yet another reason to miss Myra. If she were still here this would have never gotten this far. :nono:
  6. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

LOL was this talk given by Kraft, a couple days after the clip of him saying "F*** you, p****!" was all over the internet?
  7. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

Good point.

Also, for a sport in which players wear helmets, it's tough for a player to create his own 'brand'. While I too would hope that Gronk tones it down, I completely understand why he is capatalizing on his fame.
  8. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

I have no problem with Gronk being Gronk.

As long as when training camp starts his mind is on football, cause anyone can be replaced on this team.

I think this is all a lot of noise to be honest with you...
  9. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 4 / -0

Did that source add that they were so bothered by the Summer of Gronk that they gave him a contract that keeps him a Patriot for the rest of the decade.
  10. Spiral

Spiral PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 2 / -0

He played big and is now living large. Enjoy it while it lasts (him and us).
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  11. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +478 / 2 / -3

I have no problem with what he's done thus far. If it ever crosses the line into something illegal or dangerous, that's a different story, but he's young and going to have fun.

The sad part to me, is that if he only has a good season this year instead of a great one, people will point the blame at this crap, rather than acknowledge that he's coming back from an injury and it's almost impossible to duplicate what he did last year (especially with more weapons in the offense this year). No, it will be all, "Gronk needs to refocus on football, it's no longer his priority, blah blah blah."
  12. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

What do you expect from a 23 year old who is already known to be at the top of his game and is a millionaire?....he is going to make mistakes,We hope he will grow up soon and everything will fall into place.

At least he is no Ochocinco who was dumb enough to risk the whole season by playing another sport in the offseason which is known for leg injuries like soccer just to show the world he is alive :rolleyes:
  13. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

He's young and living life up. So long as he doesn't get himself into real trouble, I'm not too worried. Just make sure you're keeping good company Gronk! Cos it's your friends who can bring you down. We've seen this with other athletes before. Doubt he will let it go that far with the kind of family that he has around him though.
  14. ivanvamp

ivanvamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

Good point. There's a very high probability that he will put up a worse stat line than he did last year, for a couple of major reasons: (1) They have added some significant weapons this season that should help spread the ball around more, and (2) He was so otherworldly last year that it's virtually impossible to replicate those stats (since he broke records, obviously those stats have never been achieved before).

I still expect him to be outstanding this coming season...just not as good (stat-wise) as he was in 2011.
  15. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Of *course* the 'Summer of Gronk' is over: Training camp starts in a week-plus. This would have been news a month or two ago, but not now. I'm sure the team said to him something along the lines of, "Hope you had fun this summer. See you in two weeks when we're ready to go 24/7."

Regards,
    Chris
  16. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +788 / 12 / -5

#12 Jersey

Steve Nash plays soccer in the offseason, do you consider him an idiot? It's actually a really good way to stay in shape.
  17. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Its also a good way to fu(k up a knee,its not backyards soccer....and yes,any athlete playing soccer with professionals during the offseason is someone risking a season,not smart.

You know as well as I do that if Brady pulled an ACL playing offseason basketball against a pro NBA team,you would think differently,I assure you.

I guess racing man against a thoroughbred racehorse is a good way to stay in shape too.

Many athletes injure themselves in many ways during the offseason...some are avoidable.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  18. juny

juny Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 1 / -0

No Jersey Selected

This shouldn't be a big deal. It's not like he is on Sportscenter every day for the wrong reasons. As long as Gronk doesn't do anything illegal and does a lot of Gronk spikes during the season, this is just a story during a slow time in football.
  19. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +788 / 12 / -5

#12 Jersey

Any way that a player goes about staying in shape will carry some risk of injury. I'd rather accept that risk and move on than have players reporting to camp out of shape. Also, you didn't answer my question: do you think Steve Nash is an idiot for playing soccer in the offseason to keep in shape?
  20. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +692 / 6 / -2

#95 Jersey

note to pats: he's 23..let him live
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.