PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk: Surgery for arm infection; won't miss time

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't brady have post surgery infection in his knee?

Yes, and by all accounts Brady's was much more serious, and it was right around the same 6 week period of the year.

It involved a more serious procedure for a much bigger injury, and IIRC he actually had an IV fluid drip of the antibiotics that he had to wheel around for a couple/few weeks in his home.

I am just not seeing nearly as much drama over Gronk's steel plate or broken bone in his arm. It isn't on a weight baring part of his body or anything. Someone stated that 'he'd likely have to get the bone taken out...' :eek:
We know that isn't close to true. If anything they'd take small fragments out of the infected area, and that's in a worst case situation. Like I said I'm not a pro athlete, but I did have a staph infection in my calf that shot my temp up to 105, and I was fine and walking again in about 2 weeks. I doubt that Gronkowski's infection was quite as bad.

Let's see how he's doing at the end of April for starters, before putting much credibility in Schefter's report that "he should be okay for training camp." I would think that he will be fine for OTA's. I'm tired of worrying about this situation myself :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back