PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk sheds walking boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for sprain experts: Is it common for people with high ankle sprains severe enough to cut their performance levels by 25% or more in two weeks to still be able to walk quite briskly with absolutely no limp after just one week? I remember Rothlisberger limping heavily over 2 weeks after, for example.

Ok so I know a lot of people sincerely dislike Colin Cowherd, but he did just make a valid point on the herd. He was talking about how Gronk scored 12 of his 17 touchdowns against not so stellar teams. On the flip side, he went on to say Aaron Hernandez' performance seems to have a direct effect on how the Patriots play. Obviously Gronk is important, but is it possible that we need hernandez more?

So, conversely, he's saying that Gronk scored 5 TD's against STELLAR teams?

AWESOME!!!

I would take that kind of TE performance alone, over the course of a season! Let alone the 12 he scored against "less than stellar teams" :rolleyes:

Question for sprain experts: Is it common for people with high ankle sprains severe enough to cut their performance levels by 25% or more in two weeks to still be able to walk quite briskly with absolutely no limp after just one week? I remember Rothlisberger limping heavily over 2 weeks after, for example.

Ben is still limping, though mostly for effect. His injury was likely more severe, and then there is also the fact that he's a drama queen.

So, conversely, he's saying that Gronk scored 5 TD's against STELLAR teams?

AWESOME!!!

I would take that kind of TE performance alone, over the course of a season! Let alone the 12 he scored against "less than stellar teams" :rolleyes:
Also how many games did the Pats play against stellar teams according to him? If I decided that only GB was a stellar team then Gronk didn't score a single TD against a stellar team!!!

In the end good teams will limit the most dangerous weapons of any team and it'll be up to the second tier players to really make them pay. AH most likely benefits from the attention that Gronk and Welker demand. The fact that AH is an incredible player in his own right, and is head and shoulders above the rest of the Pats' second tier players, really lets him shine in such games. Also Gronk scoring 5 TD in what I'm guessing is a 3-5 game sample is actually pretty impressive considering.

Last edited:
I was really hoping he'd wear the boot during the game. Then we'd have a great sequence of Gronk getting in the open field, catching a ball, then performing a Forest Gump like 'AND I WAS A-RUNNIN' sprint to the end zone where the boot comes off in slow motion and Gronk doesn't stop until he hits the Canadian border.

Edit: And I'm in by a nose =)

LMAO. Nearly in tears laughing. This deserves every member's Like.

all we need to know is:

GRONK CAME BACK AND PLAYED vs. THE RAVENS!!!

Not sure how many of you saw him after they won, on the sidelines, jumping up and down...going to teh ship...chest bumping...

Sprinkle in a week off, professional trainers on him 24/7 and the fact that he seems to be a freak coming back in the same game he was injured, and I think we will see a healthy dose of Gronk on Sunday.

Don't sleep oin Vollmer coming back and opening up the TE spot for #77 to catch soem play-action passes over the middle on the goal line...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Also how many games did the Pats play against stellar teams according to him? If I decided that only GB was a stellar team then Gronk didn't score a single TD against a stellar team!!!

In the end good teams will limit the most dangerous weapons of any team and it'll be up to the second tier players to really make them pay. AH most likely benefits from the attention that Gronk and Welker demand. The fact that AH is an incredible player in his own right, and is head and shoulders above the rest of the Pats' second tier players, really lets him shine in such games. Also Gronk scoring 5 TD in what I'm guessing is a 3-5 game sample is actually pretty impressive considering.

Which is why we have nothing to worry about anyway. We're not playing against a stellar team.

People are reading so much into this injury it's crazy. I think it's actually exactly what the Patriots are telling everyone.

Obviously he's not healthy enough for him to be practicing on the same schedule like everyone else. He's trying to be healthy, catch up and play good enough these last couple of days to beat out the next man in line. Even if he does, it's still hard to say if he'll be at the same level he was prior to his ankle sprain.

One thing I'm confident in is that the Patriots would not have a problem going to the next man in line if Gronk's not as effective, unlike the Steelers and Ben. He's not a quarterback, and even if he was, I doubt the Patriots would do that.

But this is why the Patriots can't tell you anything. There's still competition going on every single day in practice. Shedding the boot means he wants to earn a starting spot. He could't do that by being in a boot all week long. The Patriots wouldn't have started him. So whoever comes out looking better at the end of the last day on practice, that's who's going to play. It's that simple.

I'm not sure I'm in the majority sighing relief here. IMO Gronk needs to baby this thing as much as possible right now. I'm not sure shedding the boot is the greatest idea. Also, sitting down at media day isn't exactly the same as beating it up on the field. Lastly, for all I know this is part of BB's plan to make the Giants prepare for a healthy Gronk, when in fact he isn't close.

I hope I'm wrong. Gronk is as tough as they come. This injury to me is the one thing that can derail the Pats right now. It's been keeping me awake at night...

Not to sound negative but does anyone espect Gronk to have a huge game?I worry anytime when it comes to a high ankle sprain.Its not something that heals quickly.I think other guys have to step up.

Cris Carter said that when he had his he could not play the next week but the week after he could but not at full strength but he still got over 100 yards. It can be done.

Gronk is a mutant assembled by the Umbrella Corporation to be completely unbreakable, unstoppable, and sent to play football for the New England Patriots.

You should hear those ***** clowns Wingo and Schlerith on ESPN.... Here are all this video's showing Gronk sans limp, sans boot.... looking every bit fine and those too are desperately trying to a paint a "he won't be effective"... "no matter what you see... he's really hurt".

Their arguments don't pass the eye test at all, but they don't care..... They are just willing the injury to be worse.

Interestingly enough, I came away with the same impression of Faulk and Sapp on NFL Network a little while ago whilst they interjected their own interpretation/analysis of the "Case of the Missing Walking Boot". :)

Gronk is a mutant assembled by the Umbrella Corporation to be completely unbreakable, unstoppable, and sent to play football for the New England Patriots.

Of course! The fact that he flipped onto his neck during a touchdown celebration against Kansas City in the regular season and came away uninjured was/is manifest proof of this! :singing:

Last edited:
Not to sound negative but does anyone espect Gronk to have a huge game?I worry anytime when it comes to a high ankle sprain.Its not something that heals quickly.I think other guys have to step up.

You worry about every little thing every chance you get.

That is a gronk load of weight to be casually tossing on to this limp-free injury. 22 year olds.... go figure.

Ok so I know a lot of people sincerely dislike Colin Cowherd, but he did just make a valid point on the herd. He was talking about how Gronk scored 12 of his 17 touchdowns against not so stellar teams. On the flip side, he went on to say Aaron Hernandez' performance seems to have a direct effect on how the Patriots play. Obviously Gronk is important, but is it possible that we need hernandez more?

Actually, I like Colin Cowherd.

He is right its clearly a high ankle sprain you could see that by when it happened. Those arent easy to come back from this quick. So your sarcasm wasnt needed. Thanks Carrot top :p
Hey, Doc #2 - thanks for confirming Doc #1's diagnosis! I know the sarcasm wasn't needed, but being a philanthropist at heart, I felt an over-whelming desire to share. You can thank me later.

It was great listening to Faulk and Sapp try to spin it as hes really too hurt and implying that the Pats are almost negligent having him out there sans das boot.

I caught that! The horror! The HORROR!!!! :D

Here's where stats are deceptive. His point was not valid. Gronk drew all the attention in those games which left Hernadez open. That's the beauty of the Pats offense. If those teams decided to make Hernandez their focus then Gronk would be open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THELAWFIRM226

Here's where stats are deceptive. His point was not valid. Gronk drew all the attention in those games which left Hernadez open. That's the beauty of the Pats offense. If those teams decided to make Hernandez their focus then Gronk would be open

Exactly right, the good teams with good players take Gronk out and AH goes ape****, pick your poison, they can't take Welker, Gronk, and AH all out of the same game, even if they managed this big miracle I could see Branch getting 10 for 130, the Gints D isnt going to stop this offense, not this week against Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back