PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk sheds walking boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't they f--- around a bit with the Giants? Put Gronk in a hospital bed in front of the podium.

If your ankle twists outward, it's a high ankle sprain. Doesn't say how severe it is, though.

Didn't his ankle roll inward?

120126_Gronkowski_injury2.jpg

I am reminded of the similar Pouncey media day last year, same injury though maybe a bit worse. His chance of playing then was given as 75%, but he ended up missing the game.

Watching Gronk today on NFLN, listening to his answers and his nervousness, my personal opinion is 75% he doesn't play. Hope I am wrong, and the toughness and ability to recuperate he has shown in the past really is so exceptional that he'll be out there.

I am reminded of the similar Pouncey media day last year, same injury though maybe a bit worse. His chance of playing then was given as 75%, but he ended up missing the game.

Watching Gronk today on NFLN, listening to his answers and his nervousness, my personal opinion is 75% he doesn't play. Hope I am wrong, and the toughness and ability to recuperate he has shown in the past really is so exceptional that he'll be out there.

Im sure he'll start, how limited/effective he is, is another matter

If your ankle twists outward, it's a high ankle sprain. Doesn't say how severe it is, though.

To clarify, if the ankle rolls inward it's a high ankle sprain, which is definitely what Gronkowski has. If you "roll" you ankle, outward, it's a regular sprain.

Pouncey's injury is different, you could tell when he went down. He was down for a while. Here are some details.

(Mod Edit):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6065875

He also had a broken bone in the foot.

(End Mod edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Here is the problem. We have so many uninformed posters to scare everyone. You obviously did not do too much research, but you thought you'd act like your opinion has anything to stand on. I think Pouncey looked more than just a "bit" worse.

Also, he self-assessed his chances of playing at 75%. It was reported from league insiders and Steelers insiders that there was no chance he'd play. If you saw the injury, it also looked much worse than Gronk's. It looked like a blown out ACL when it happened.

And if you want to bring up Roethlisberger, let me tell you, there is no way that Roethlisberger could have gone without limping at any time during his injury, painkillers or not.

Gronk's situation looks good. Stop scaring us with unfounded opinions.

Maurkice+Pouncey+Pittsburgh+Steelers+Arrive+z6-RDDnXbNDl.jpg

Looks just like Gronk getting off the plane, right?

Maurkice+Pouncey+Super+Bowl+XLV+Media+Day+iDFY29_wXYGl.jpg

Looks just like Gronk at media day, right?

Last edited:

So your saying his 'Body Language' said hes most likely not playing :D :D

Last edited:
To clarify, if the ankle rolls inward it's a high ankle sprain, which is definitely what Gronkowski has. If you "roll" you ankle, outward, it's a regular sprain.

Right. I think he meant to say that when the foot goes outward, it's a high ankle sprain. If you push the inside of your foot and ankle against the ground, you feel pressure above the ankle joint which is where I understand the injury happens in a high ankle sprain. If you push the outside of your foot against the ground, you feel pressure below the ankle (i.e., in the foot).

RapSheetIan R. Rapoport

Rob Gronkowski says he lost the boot yesterday. Off for good

1 hour ago

Here is the problem. We have so many uninformed posters to scare everyone. You obviously did not do too much research, but you thought you'd act like your opinion has anything to stand on. I think Pouncey looked more than just a "bit" worse.

Also, he self-assessed his chances of playing at 75%. It was reported from league insiders and Steelers insiders that there was no chance he'd play. If you saw the injury, it also looked much worse than Gronk's. It looked like a blown out ACL when it happened.

And if you want to bring up Roethlisberger, let me tell you, there is no way that Roethlisberger could have gone without limping at any time during his injury, painkillers or not.

Gronk's situation looks good. Stop scaring us with unfounded opinions.

Maurkice+Pouncey+Pittsburgh+Steelers+Arrive+z6-RDDnXbNDl.jpg

Looks just like Gronk getting off the plane, right?

Maurkice+Pouncey+Super+Bowl+XLV+Media+Day+iDFY29_wXYGl.jpg

Looks just like Gronk at media day, right?

Good post. We probably know what type of injury he has (high ankle sprain), but we know nothing of the severity (other than the fact that it probably isn't as severe as Pouncey's).

You have it backwards.

He should have started the game with it and after he caught his first pass and was trying to run away from the defender the boot could just start breaking up the faster he ran til it just came off completely as he pulls away from the defender and scores a touchdown while we're all yelling, Run Gronk Run

Great minds think alike 400x

Now that's funny sh#$ right there from both of you, and maybe the theme from Rocky blasting as he runs!

This is excellent news! Did anyone else happen to see the picture of Gronk they had on the NFL's home page a little bit ago? Man I wish I'd grabbed it.

Ok so I know a lot of people sincerely dislike Colin Cowherd, but he did just make a valid point on the herd. He was talking about how Gronk scored 12 of his 17 touchdowns against not so stellar teams. On the flip side, he went on to say Aaron Hernandez' performance seems to have a direct effect on how the Patriots play. Obviously Gronk is important, but is it possible that we need hernandez more?

It was great listening to Faulk and Sapp try to spin it as hes really too hurt and implying that the Pats are almost negligent having him out there sans das boot.

You should hear those ***** clowns Wingo and Schlerith on ESPN.... Here are all this video's showing Gronk sans limp, sans boot.... looking every bit fine and those too are desperately trying to a paint a "he won't be effective"... "no matter what you see... he's really hurt".

Their arguments don't pass the eye test at all, but they don't care..... They are just willing the injury to be worse.

he was talking about how gronk scored 12 of his 17 touchdowns against not so stellar teams.

according to the media all we did was play not so stellar teams!!!!! Of course he scored his td's on not stellar teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back