PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk plans to be ready for week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFT says 50-50 now :)

Florio is in Drew Rosenhaus' back pocket. So you know the story is coming from him. The question is whether this is really the case or Rosenhaus firing back at the Pats since many perceive the Pats laying down the law with Gronk that they are not putting up with what he did last year. Granted all that is speculation.

Florio is in Drew Rosenhaus' back pocket. So you know the story is coming from him. The question is whether this is really the case or Rosenhaus firing back at the Pats since many perceive the Pats laying down the law with Gronk that they are not putting up with what he did last year. Granted all that is speculation.
What did he do last year that they would lay down the law they aren't putting up with?
Wait until he was ready to play while not explaining it to people on a message board?

Schefter just tweeted/said on ESPN that there is optimism that Gronk will play for the season opener. Probably not in the pre-season though

What did he do last year that they would lay down the law they aren't putting up with?
Wait until he was ready to play while not explaining it to people on a message board?

We all know there were rumors the Pats were upset with him about being ready, but not rushing back. We have no idea if the rumors are true or media fodder. I am just floating the possibility there is a peeing contest going on right now if the rumors were true. Not saying there is one though.

We all know there were rumors the Pats were upset with him about being ready, but not rushing back. We have no idea if the rumors are true or media fodder. I am just floating the possibility there is a peeing contest going on right now if the rumors were true. Not saying there is one though.
None of those rumors were ever proven accurate and many were proven silly.
Dredging them up as if they were real and there is another rift is irresponsible

This is interesting. I have not read one other view of Gronk limping or favoring his leg.

Welker injured his knee at the end of the 2009 season and was questionable for Game 1 all during the preseason. Gronk injured his knee just about nine months ago; that is not a long time for recovery. We've seen guys like Adrian Peterson defy nature, but over 90% of the time players are not back to full strength for a full year if not two. All we really know now is that Gronk did have a superhuman recovery like Peterson. My guess is that no one really knows how far along he is until he starts running full speed and participating in contact drills. It may be truly be a gametime decision for Week 1 and beyond. That said, the Patriots have a bunch of winnable games at the beginning of the year and have won plenty of games without him. I'd rather have him start late and be in optimum condition for the late season/playoffs.

Hey, don't I feel like I've already written the same thread the last two offseasons =) ?

Schefter just tweeted/said on ESPN that there is optimism that Gronk will play for the season opener. Probably not in the pre-season though

I said a month ago that I didn't expect him to play in the preseason. He's still rehabbing. But, before the Bedard tweet, I would have been surprised if he wasn't out there in Week 1. Sounds like I may need to take my expectations down a notch.

I said a month ago that I didn't expect him to play in the preseason. He's still rehabbing. But, before the Bedard tweet, I would have been surprised if he wasn't out there in Week 1. Sounds like I may need to take my expectations down a notch.
You'd think someone else would have noticed Gronkowski limping around in practice for weeks though.

You'd think someone else would have noticed Gronkowski limping around in practice for weeks though.

Could be something as simple as him straining it. But I highly doubt @Greg A. Bedard would make something like that up.

Could be something as simple as him straining it. But I highly doubt @Greg A. Bedard would make something like that up.
Wasn't saying he made it up, I'm just surprised no else here noticed that as much attention as Gronk gets around here.

Wasn't saying he made it up, I'm just surprised no else here noticed that as much attention as Gronk gets around here.

Like I said, he might have strained it. I remember coming back from a shoulder injury when I was in high school. I overworked it and strained it while rehabbing through it one time and could barely lift my arm over my head as a result where, the day earlier, I was doing that with ease.

I would like to see Gronk there in Miami even if it's only to play one snap. I believe he needs the full season stamp in his 2014 file.

im not ready too much into the bedard tweet...we havent heard this from other reports...all i've heard is that gronk is cutting on the knee and everything...anyways, heres the latest

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefterFollow
Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski still not cleared for contact. Would be surprising to see him play this preseason. Still optimism for opener.
9:09 AM - 13 Aug 2014

sounds like good news to me. he's graduated to 7 on 7 drills already. next step would be 11 on 11 and contact.

Agreed. It seems illogical that the team would step him up yesterday as they did if he were limping. I watched him at practice during drills before they went to DC and I didn't detect the trace of a limp. Anyone here who went to practice notice a limp?

Just needs to stay healthy that's all!
Just!
Every goon LB in the league will be aiming for his knees; he will be very lucky to last the whole season. He needs to go down more easily and not struggle for that extra yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots