PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk needs an off-season chaperone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellp...no one ever accused him of being a Rhodes scholar.

Someone has to tell him to stop messing around, partying, etc. He's not a kid anymore, and he should grow up. His party mentality is childish and i was hoping he got rid of it in college. Some of these kids never grow up. Hopefully there's a leader in the patriots orginization that can be a mentor to him. Otherwise, if i was bill, i would sit him for a game.

Hopefully there's a leader in the patriots orginization that can mentor to him. Otherwise, if i was bill, i would sit him for a game.

It's kind of hard to dole out that kind of punishment when the next game is in September!

Could you really see Belichick telling him "this is for wrestling back in the beginning of February, which was 7 months ago?"

I do agree though that Belichick should have a discussion with him. The problem is that has very likely already happened.

Someone has to tell him to stop messing around, partying, etc. He's not a kid anymore, and he should grow up. His party mentality is childish and i was hoping he got rid of it in college. Some of these kids never grow up. Hopefully there's a leader in the patriots orginization that can mentor to him. Otherwise, if i was bill, i would sit him for a game.

I agree. You should go tell him that in person. :eek:
Have a friend video it or take pictures. Post them here. :p

Although I really don't care about this crap as long as he isn't getting into trouble with the law, injured, or other bad stuff, Gronk really needs to grow up a bit. Guy is a couple of months shy of 24 years of age. It doesn't mean that he needs to settle down, but the frat boy antics are getting a little tired at his age.

That was... incredibly stupid of him. Honestly, though, it's Gronk. I stopped expecting him to act like an adult a long time ago. As long as he produces and doesn't injure himself, I don't really care.

Up until this point, I thought Gronk was just a young, single guy enjoying bachelorhood. Frankly, I'm beginning to wonder about his common sense, or lack of it. I love the guy, but I've never thought of him as being very bright. Raising good-natured hell is one thing. Dangerous, risky behavior is another.

There obviously does need to be a reminder of some sort from the organization, as that conversation has likely already happened, especially if you watched the ESPN special where Gronkowski kind of hints at that.

On the other hand, he isn't doing enough to warrant embarrassment by committing crimes or getting into legal trouble either, and that's what most NFL teams have to deal with.

He is just a carefree kid at heart still, who doesn't think before he acts.

It's hard to mix that kind of talent and size with brains and good judgment, as they are rare and do not often go together.

Up until this point, I thought Gronk was just a young, single guy enjoying bachelorhood. Frankly, I'm beginning to wonder about his common sense, or lack of it. I love the guy, but I've never thought of him as being very bright. Raising good-natured hell is one thing. Dangerous, risky behavior is another.

The action described DOES seem stupid. I read in interview with him about money when he bought his home in Tampa. His responses were mature, level headed and well grounded. It may be that he does not handle alcohol well. Tedy Bruschi had to quit drinking completely.

He EASILY could have broken the forearm a third time (or his neck) with that kind of horsing around.

Someone has to tell him to stop messing around, partying, etc. He's not a kid anymore, and he should grow up. His party mentality is childish and i was hoping he got rid of it in college. Some of these kids never grow up. Hopefully there's a leader in the patriots orginization that can be a mentor to him. Otherwise, if i was bill, i would sit him for a game.
Brilliant idea. Let's punish the team and fans. A key component in successful discipline is that it needs to be meted out immediately after the misbehavior. 7 months from now is ridiculous. Teams can administer fines for misconduct. If he hasn't been advised to tone it down, he needs to be advised today.

That was... incredibly stupid of him. Honestly, though, it's Gronk. I stopped expecting him to act like an adult a long time ago. As long as he produces and doesn't injure himself, I don't really care.

Right, but in essence--this team owns him in some regard. At least one could argue that they certainly own his body.

These opportunities are rare, and Gronk has the chance to be able to retire at the age of mid-30's and then do whatever he wants as a millionare.

In an interview Kraft gave recently he was asked about Gronk and his response was (while shaking his head in a jovial fashion) "he's never had a bad day in his life" .

In an interview Kraft gave recently he was asked about Gronk and his response was (while shaking his head in a jovial fashion) "he's never had a bad day in his life" .

I'm beginning to think that Gronk fixed up Bobby with his new GF

If he hasn't been advised to tone it down, he needs to be advised today.

That's the part that actually concerns me the most, aside from the idiotic horseplay during times of injury such as running up the "down" escalator on a broken ankle or wrestling with an arm that's been broken in 2 different places.

If you watched the special that ESPN had on him, he certainly hints that the team had something to say to him.

If that's the case, then he pretty much ignored it.

The action described DOES seem stupid. I read in interview with him about money when he bought his home in Tampa. His responses were mature, level headed and well grounded. It may be that he does not handle alcohol well. Tedy Bruschi had to quit drinking completely.

A girl that I know partied with him in Arizona and said that he doesn't handle his alcohol well at all.

Honestly, this is a great idea. Gronk needs to become sober and the team should make him wear an alcohol detecting bracelet. His partying isn't going to do a damn thing for him except end up in jail or with an injury.

The other thing that pissed me off about Gronk, which really pissed me off, was that Gronk watched thr Ravens game from Krafts booth. What disrespect to the whole team. How Bill let him do that is BEYOND me. BEYOND. That should NEVER have happened.

I'm beginning to think that Gronk fixed up Bobby with his new GF

Speaking of that, PWP, has there been any other instances or media talk of Kraft being seen with that girl again since the Celtics game?

The only reason I ask is because my wife had some nasty things to say about the recent death of Myra and his been judgment of not "waiting" long enough etc.

Of course my response was that "we don't really know enough" when it happened.

Not to take things too far off-topic, I was just curious if you had heard of anything else since that episode. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes