Gronk, Maurice Jones-Drew both out for Sunday's game at Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Not exactly a surprise.

Report: Gronkowski, Jones-Drew out Sunday

Jones-Drew has been struggling to recover from a foot injury suffered October 21. Despite his comments this week -- "When things get tough, losers tend to quit. For me I get paid to play football. If I can go out there and be productive and help my team, I'm all for it. -- there seemed little chance the Jaguars would risk a setback in another sure-loss, in a 2-12 season.

Sunday's tilt marks the ninth Jones-Drew has missed.

I'm happy about this, I want Gronk to be ready for the playoffs. 2 more weeks of rest.

Not exactly a surprise.

Jones-Drew has been struggling to recover from a foot injury suffered October 21. Despite his comments this week -- "When things get tough, losers tend to quit. For me I get paid to play football. If I can go out there and be productive and help my team, I'm all for it. -- there seemed little chance the Jaguars would risk a setback in another sure-loss, in a 2-12 season.

Et tu, MJD! Et tu?

Damn, MJD is also made of glass

Et tu, MJD! Et tu?

Damn, MJD is also made of glass

Agreed. Unless you've had a foot injury, you don't have any idea how hard it is to heal. You just don't understand how your foot flexes in so many different ways that can aggravate or even re-injure the affected part of the foot.

Foot injuries need, in most cases, at least a soft cast and a crutch to take the weight off, and especially just rest. That's VERY hard to do when you need to work out every day to maintain yourself through a season.

I had a stress fracture on my left foot, and two broken toes on my right foot, and it seemed like it took forever to heal up. They were quite frustrating injuries because my movement was restricted and I just couldn't do everything I wanted to, or at least as fast as I wanted to.

Trying to gut it out and re-aggravating the injury can also risk permanent damage that could end a career. It just isn't worth it, especially in MJD's current situation.

V/R

I'm happy about this, I want Gronk to be ready for the playoffs. 2 more weeks of rest.

I'm good with this except I would like to see him test it out for a quarter in the Miami game. If he is ready and fully healthy that is.

glad gronk won't play...wait until next week to get him back out there

The liklihood of a wildcard weekend match makes getting the rust knocked off gronk a little less concerning than it would have been with a bye. Conversely absent the bye it would be great if they could give Welker a blow this week, I think he's earned and is in need of one to be healthier and on track for the playoffs. I hope for once this game plan is constructed around working on some ****...and maybe ultimately getting Mallet a quarters worth of reps. Week 17 may not lend itself to resting anyone depending on seeding implications.

It's amazing Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd have only been on the field together for what, 2 games? Opening day when the offense was still in flux and Seattle, when Hernandez was still injured and we lit them up, but horrible redzone offense did us in.

Lloyd and Hernandez out wide, Welker in the slot, Gronk at TE, and Woodhead in shotgun with Brady is the greatest offensive formation the NFLs seen, it will be the ultimate playoff surprise. :D

Agreed. Unless you've had a foot injury, you don't have any idea how hard it is to heal. You just don't understand how your foot flexes in so many different ways that can aggravate or even re-injure the affected part of the foot.

Foot injuries need, in most cases, at least a soft cast and a crutch to take the weight off, and especially just rest. That's VERY hard to do when you need to work out every day to maintain yourself through a season.

I had a stress fracture on my left foot, and two broken toes on my right foot, and it seemed like it took forever to heal up. They were quite frustrating injuries because my movement was restricted and I just couldn't do everything I wanted to, or at least as fast as I wanted to.

Trying to gut it out and re-aggravating the injury can also risk permanent damage that could end a career. It just isn't worth it, especially in MJD's current situation.

V/R

Never had a foot injury but wife's injury was debilitating for almost 2 years. That's why I'm somewhat concerned about my man Edelperson who allegedly broke his foot on the way to IR.

The liklihood of a wildcard weekend match makes getting the rust knocked off gronk a little less concerning than it would have been with a bye. Conversely absent the bye it would be great if they could give Welker a blow this week, I think he's earned and is in need of one to be healthier and on track for the playoffs. I hope for once this game plan is constructed around working on some ****...and maybe ultimately getting Mallet a quarters worth of reps. Week 17 may not lend itself to resting anyone depending on seeding implications.

As long as we win we keep the pressure on the Broncos to have to win or drop to the 3rd seed if I am understanding correctly. So I agree, Week 17 should be all starters until the game is out of hand one way or the other. If we rest guys and lose, then the Broncos can rest people at 4pm.

Am I allowed to dream that the Chiefs go into Denver and play hard like they did vs the Packers last year?

Am I allowed to dream that the Chiefs go into Denver and play hard like they did vs the Packers last year?

Yes, yes you are. Please do, as will I. :cool:

I'm not surprised and all for keeping Gronk out for this game. Would like to see a quarter or so against Miami though.... I think we see him sparingly in week 17.....

Not exactly a surprise.

MJD going down killed me in fantasy football. Looks like he won't play the rest of the season. Hope Gronk is fully healthy by at least the Dolphins game. Game speed is just different from practice speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes