PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk likely out for rest of playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
will his arm be 100% again after two surgeries a couple of months apart?

Love Gronk but he's made out of glass.

hey guys, i think gronk is really great. but it was clear he wasn't the same after returning from his injury. he was favoring his forearm a few weeks ago against Miami and was still wearing the sleeve now. I think the team might be better off this time without a hobbled Gronk - we still have weapons. we have only 2 games to win - we almost beat Baltimore in Oct. without Hernandez and almost beat SF without Gronk. we can do this.

I love Gronk, but he's starting to be Vick/QB is to Gronk/TE. As good as he is , if he expects to rumble through NFL defences for another 3 yards every play his shelf life will be short and he'll always be out when we need him most.

How the hell did his arm break/injure so easily if he was properly healed? Did the Pats medical staff rush him back too early? I thought his broken forearm needed 6 weeks to heal, and he got that. So what was wrong tonight? A regular arm doesn't break when you just fall on it the way he did tonight.

A regular am doesn't break when you fall on it without a protective sleeve. And hasn't he had 8 weeks to heal?????

Its tough, but I think we can overcome it...we have so far. last year our offense basically WAS welker/Gronkowski...woody was a nonfactor most of the season and Branch broke down by the end. and the Lawfirm was playing with turf-toe and wasnt much of a factor

offensively to me it seems this has been a MUCH more balanced attack this year not only with the fact that we can RUN the ball down the opponents throats.

but youve got welker, hernandez, Lloyd, woodhead, vereen, branch who can all make plays in the passing game...and today it showed we have guys who can step up.

I love Gronk, but he's starting to be Vick/QB is to Gronk/TE. As good as he is , if he expects to rumble through NFL defences for another 3 yards every play his shelf life will be short and he'll always be out when we need him most.

Except he broke it on PAT duty and re-injured falling on it.

true, but I feel we are better equipped offensively this year....I mean we still moved the ball with ease on that defense...I just hope woodhead is good to go

Lloyd>>Branch
Ridley >> BJGE

Any chance that D let up when they built a 28 point lead?

After watching Tony Gonzalez literally SNATCH balls out of space with defenders draped over him, it is hard to anoint Gronk a #1 TE in the NFL designation. Gonzalez amazes me for his durability, stamina, and play-making ability.

He got knocked out right at the beginning and we still did pretty well, we are very good at adapting. We will be fine.

Next year they should rest him for the entire regular season and just bring him out for playoffs. Same with Hernandez.

Next year they should rest him for the entire regular season and just bring him out for playoffs. Same with Hernandez.

yeah, and what playoffs do you think we can make without either of them? arena bowl league?

Wonder if Visanthe Shiancoe gets called back at this point.

After watching Tony Gonzalez literally SNATCH balls out of space with defenders draped over him, it is hard to anoint Gronk a #1 TE in the NFL designation. Gonzalez amazes me for his durability, stamina, and play-making ability.

LOL....somebody watched the falcons today

Except he broke it on PAT duty and re-injured falling on it.

When you play the game thinking the only thing that can stop you is cryptonite, you get injured on PAT duty and then re-injure it falling. Ya get my point now sparky?

Wonder if Visanthe Shiancoe gets called back at this point.

Man I hope so, a certain "someone" is going to be very upset.
Why do the New England Patriots need seven tight ends on the roster? Can't make the club from the tub and tight end Vistante Shiancoe is killing cap room that the New England Patriots desperately need!

Last edited:

Assuming you intended sarcasm, great post :D.

For everyone else, buck up for god's sake! The Patriots 2012 have a more solid run game, a better defense, better receiver group behind Gronk (thanks to BL). 2012 is not 2011. The Patriots can win any game if they play well (need better STs than today). If they don't play well they will lose. They are in the AFCCG and that is a great thing. They can still very much do this without Gronk and they will need to because he is gone. Grow some stones and have a little faith....

I'm going to look on the bright side. If Gronk was so quick to re-break his arm then it would likely have been just a matter of time, and he wasn't getting through the playoffs healthy.

Shut him down and let him take care of that arm and start fresh next year. The Pats pretty much did without him most of the year and his other injuries have had a chance to heal, and overall his body took less abuse than it would have normally.

He had a short off season and his ankle still wasn't ready for much of TC.

Could be a blessing in disguise, or at least, there are some positives to take out of this.

Last edited:
I'm going to look on the bright side. If Gronk was so quick to re-break his arm then it would likely have been just a matter of time, and he wasn't getting through the playoffs healthy.

Shut him down and let him take care of that arm and start fresh next year. The Pats pretty much did without him most of the year and his other injuries have had a chance to heal, and overall his body took less abuse than it would have normally.

He had a short off season and his ankle still wasn't ready for much of TC.

Could be a blessing in disguise, or at least, there are some positives to take out of this.

Agreed. No way he was making it through the playoffs if that did him in. It wasn't fully healed, he broke it again. It sucks, but nothing we can do about it. What a stupid, freak injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes