Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gronk is frustrated with the offense

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Salva135, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salva135

Salva135 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can't remember the last time Gronk has been this vocal about anything substantive, or negative, for that matter:

Rob Gronkowski admits frustration with Pats' offense - NFL.com

We can talk about the OL issues all we want, but the word "chemistry" is the key one here. I'm not getting overly concerned by any means, but when your newly paid superstar who drives much of the offense is expressing concerns, especially this one, I'm listening.
  2. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +264 / 14 / -9

#91 Jersey

VERY misleading headline. man. When you first read it, your are led to believe that for some reason Gronk is upset about the offense, in a Santonio Holmes "I'm upset mode". Not the "gee we need to do better? mode. Once you read the article, its almost like he headline and the article are 2 separate items
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

It's like he echoed Brady's presser...and Belichicks...and anyone else who had one. I think he used the word chemistry when what he meant to say was execution.
  4. Salva135

Salva135 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, Gronk never says much of anything football-related, so when he says "it was definitely frustrating," I take more from that than the usual Brady-BB speak. Again, not trying to get overly concerned, but clearly this preseason performance hasn't resonated well among any of the most important cogs.
  5. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Nor should it have. There are indications the team hopes to see Gronk take more of a leadership role now that they invested in a second contract. I think this is the tone they want him to set, never really satisfied as opposed to yo soy fiesta baby.
  6. borg

borg Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 3 / -11

He's pissed he has to stay in and block instead of Gronkin
  7. Shockt327

Shockt327 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1

Pffew...

After reading the title, I thought Gronk was whining about not liking McDaniels offense, or something bad. Thankfully (and rightfully) he's just toeing the company line, like a good player should....
  8. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

I think the oline is the main reason for the miscues . But my Biggest concerns are the secondary , particularly the CB's. McCourty and Arrington dont seem to have changed all that much. I have a bad feeling its going to be another frustrating season for watching that area
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  9. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +258 / 3 / -2

#51 Jersey

I'll take another Superbowl run with a fourth quarter chance at winning another Lombardi frustration if that's the case. ;)
  10. Salva135

Salva135 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think I phrased the title in any sort of deceptive way. Ok cool, everyone's fine with the offense, just working out some kinks. Gronk discussing issues with chemistry following the 3rd preseason game is not newsworthy.

When Brady says, "I'm still working to get better with my receivers," we all yawn. When Gronk, who never talks about anything, says he's frustrated with the chemistry so far, that just seems a bit more eye-opening, especially given the product we have seen on the field so far.
  11. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Not intentionally deceptive - I am sure; but 4 out of 5 readers can't be all wrong - deceptive none the less (you got me too).

When the press comes around asking question after question; you have to give them something. That is the beauty of these BB generated stock answers - they are answers with no depth. player is off the hook and no insider secrets betrayed or insider animosities created. That is why is ho-hum. no one views this as a "Gronk" answer but just the Patriots line of the week.
  12. 102 Pat

102 Pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 3 / -2

#85 Jersey

This thread is a trap!

[​IMG]

:D
  13. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

Your right. I just hope I dont smash my TV by then:D
  14. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

I forget who it was, but one of the standard blogging reporters broke down a bunch of OL breakdowns, and pointed the finger right at the TEs -- Fells, Hernandez, & Gronk for one each.

Of course, that was on passing downs. It doesn't explain the inability to gain short rushing yardage ...
  15. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +368 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

Gronk satisfied with lousy offense

"Hey, I'm getting paid, man. What do I care?":bricks:
  16. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +439 / 5 / -1

I don't know. This is Patriots speak. I rarely take anything Belichick or his players say in public to heart. Belichick has them all programmed to say the right thing.

Contrast that with the sideline interview with Mark Sanchez last night where he was crowing about how well the offense moved the ball outside the 20s and how things are just peachy. I would rather have Gronk's reaction for a poor offensive performance than Sanchez's.
  17. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Thjere's one more pre season game before facing the Titans. The bad news is that the starters probably won't see action. The starting offense needs to get it's act together. Does BB put them in for one or two series to get them more in sync or does he have a few bubble players that he needs to further evaluate to see who gets a shot at the roster or PS?

The Waters situation is really frustrating.....Brian, get yo Azz up here or retire.
  18. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -5

That's because, as a rule, the folks who write the news articles don't write the headlines.
  19. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

And they are written for different purposes.

the article is nominally written to inform you about something, and keep enough of the good stuff toward the end so that you read the whole thing.

the headline is written to get you to click on the link
    (or read down the page in the old days)
    THAT MEANS, written to be DECEPTIVE in the cases of articles with NO actual INFORMATION.
  20. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I am not concerned in the least....it's preseason.

When the REAL games begin and count towards the season,then I expect to see what we think will be a top ranked offense once again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.