PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk is back and with swagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope BB sits Gronk down and talk to him about those stupid tauntings...if we wern't the Home Team it would have been a different story. Lets lock up Home Field in the in AFC before we start that crap.

Remember when the Pats intercepted that ball in the SB and the Seahawks were mad and had to simmer in their own misery.

Good times

It's true. Most people forget the 'Hawks were so bent out of shape that the next play they got called for encroachment and taking swings at the Pats players.

Idk I lind of liked it and I kind of didn't. I liked that he wasn't taking **** from them but he has to remember to keep a cooler head. That penalty definitely cost us some points and its fortunate they were not needed in the end. The refs let him get away with it the first time and almost the second time. I think they finally threw the flag when, of all things, Gronk threw the ball on the ground while he was walking away. The Bengals definitely deserved some for egging them on. I was fine with Blounts penalty after TD if you're going to get one that's the best time to do it.

My personal favorite was his dancing after Blount scored in the middle of the group during the after-play pushing session.

And I figured the initial post-catch talking was a result of Bennett's tackle. Apology by Burfict or no, that dude is a head case and he very well could have taken Bennett out with his hit.

ImpressiveIncompleteBigmouthbass-size_restricted.gif

I laughed out loud at him standing over Pacman Jones and **** talking him then getting into Burfict's face. There was a reason he was jawing at Burfict. You could see him say something to Bennett as Bennett came off the field after that filthy shot he took to his ankle away from the play by Burfict.
And the post game locker room talk was almost exclusively about the respect the players have for each other because they have each others backs.
A penalty that was well worth it.

Thanks for the link. If you look closely, you can almost make out where Burfict stomps on Blounts leg.

thanks for that tip. i looked at that clip and slowed it down to 20% of regular speed to see what was going on.

looking at it, i actually don't think burfict stomps on blount's leg. what looks like him stomping is actually him stepping over some players on the ground, including blount.

what causes blount to react is that burfict is pulling blount's jersey and his facemask to pull him off the pile:

i also posted this in the main burfict thread.

I hope BB sits Gronk down and talk to him about those stupid tauntings...if we wern't the Home Team it would have been a different story. Lets lock up Home Field in the in AFC before we start that crap.

I hear what you're saying, but I doubt that it would come to that. Gronkowski is obviously experienced and level-headed enough to where repeat occurrences shouldn't be an issue.

That said, if you mess with him or his teammates, he will get angry and up his physicality a notch or two. To me, that is to be expected for almost any player in the NFL. I don't really believe that "Gronk is back with swagger" as the thread may suggest. I believe that he's the exact same as he ever was. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes