Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gronk is 71 away from the single season yardage record for a TE

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,271 / 46 / -16

I know all the focus is on Marino's yardage record which Brady has a good chance to break, but odds are that Brees will still be the record holder after the season is over. Gronk has a better chance of breaking Kellen Winslow's record of 1290 yards. Gronk currently has 1219 yards. Gronk too has tough competition for this record since Jimmy Graham has 1171 yards with two games still left, but is more likely for Graham to have a really off day than Brees just because any one receiver can have a bad day and the offense could still click.

2. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 1 / -1

Really sucks that we could see Brady and Gronk both break the yardage records for their positions, but neither go into the record books (thanks to Brees and Graham).

3. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 20 / -11

#3 Jersey

Re: GRONK and Graham, which do you think people will remember next season—yards or TDs?

4. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,271 / 46 / -16

Obviously TDs, since no one in the media seem to realize that both Gronk and Graham are in striking distance of the record. It is the most underreported record that could be broken this year.

5. tests

tests Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Doesnt matter if graham beats the record and gronks does not...

GRONKS is >>> Graham as a T.E.

No ifs or buts about it

6. Peachhead

Peachhead PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +137 / 14 / -0

#75 Jersey

It is truly amazing that Gronk is already breaking league records this early in his career. And Hernandez isn't far behind.

At this rate they BOTH may eventually be first ballot HOFers.

7. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,638 / 20 / -11

#3 Jersey

And, let's not forget, they're the two youngest TEs in the entire league. :eek:

8. GrogansArmy

GrogansArmy On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -0

Considering that Gronk had less than an average day today with 70 something yards... I think he easily breaks the record. BB and Brady have been known to try and get their players the records. I see it no different for next week, I see Brady trying to get the ball a lot to Gronk next week so he can set the record.

9. EJ Blitz

EJ Blitz Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

oh lord, it's only been 2 years, don't put em in the hall of fame.

10. GrogansArmy

GrogansArmy On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -0

I know what you're saying, but I think in the end, Gronk will be in the HOF. I have never seen a player like Gronk before, its just blows the mind how he just sheds tackles by double and triple teams. Like today for instance, it looked like he was tackled down by two players and he just shakes them off and gets more yards, its absolutely un-real how strong he is. And he does this in almost every game!

Unless you have 3-4 guys on him, you cannot be sure you will have him down, and I'm surprised Brady doesn't just toss more short passes to him to see what YAC he can get.

The guy is extremely difficult to tackle by only one person. I would be shocked if he didn't end up in the HoF one day.

11. EJ Blitz

EJ Blitz Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

He's beast and everything. However, he's young, which means he'll be around post-Brady. So the question will become if he can have the same production without Brady or on a different team. A lot of guys do well for a couple years and then rot in obscurity when they get picked up as free agents or get a big paycheck.

So all he has to do is consistently do what he's doing for the rest of his career, around a decade or so, that not too hard right? lol

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  12. jeffbiologist

jeffbiologist Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The major problem with good TEs is that they almost never last long in the league at that level. Kellen Winslow, Dallas Clark, Mark Bavaro, Antonio Gates, Russ Francis, Ben Coates all had significantly lessened seasons and careers(mostly) due to injury. Gronk takes ALOT of big hits, its only a matter of time before he gets his too. Like Adrian Peterson, we all just have to admire what he is doing while he is doing it and realize its a special season.

13. Patriots Nation NY

Patriots Nation NY Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hi Mr. Buzzkilligton.. :bye2:

14. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,677 / 27 / -35

Buzz Killington???...say, didn't he win the bronze medal in the Olympic downhill?

15. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Both the Pats TEs are really good and have potential to have nice > great careers, provided they don't get hurt......TEs take a lot of hits, can they stay in good enough shape to produce a significant body of work. I for one hope they do, they have incredible potential....Gronk and his ability to shed tackles reminds me of John Mackey, (yes, I am that old), and Mackey suffered from all of those hits. I don't wish that on anybody.

16. BelizePats

BelizePats Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0

Individual sats don't mean $hite.
    The only stat that mean anything in the NFL is the W.

17. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,610 / 19 / -19

#75 Jersey

Hope he gets the all on a two yard catch and run, during which he decimates all eleven players of the other team at some point, leaving carnage all over the field in his wake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.