PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk: "I'm ready to go. I'll be playing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on Dominique Easley?

I hope he's ready and not rushing it. So, I am cautiously very happy about this.

Personally, I would like to see him do nothing until week 16. Get some practice in and get ready for the playoffs. A healthy Gronk would have given us the Superbowl in 2011 or 2012.

No offense, but not this crap again.

You don't keep a player especially the player as good as Gronk out of games for the entire season to save him for the playoffs. His injury last year could have happen the first play he came back.

If Gronk can play, you play him. You might ease him back into things, but you don't stash him until January.

He played something like 60% of the snaps through the first three games coming back from injury last year. With an ACL injury, I'm guessing we'll see him for something like 40% this week, maybe a little less to see how he responds first. Having him play is a good thing, and we have the luxury of some additional tall receiving options that allow us to ease him in over the early part of the season.

Maybe we should hold out Brady and play JAG at QB until the OL settles down

Why stop there? If Brady's out, shouldn't you hold out Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, and Vereen so they don't get injured with a back up QB throwing to them? And because the defense will have to carry more of the load, shouldn't the Pats sit out Revis so he doesn't get overused before the playoffs?

If we'd held Ras-I Dowling out, he'd still be "playing"
Ooops, got injured running out onto the field! *

* Never was the type to get injured but I pulled BOTH thighs running out onto the field, played & ended up on crutches for over a week

No offense, but not this crap again.

You don't keep a player especially the player as good as Gronk out of games for the entire season to save him for the playoffs. His injury last year could have happen the first play he came back.

If Gronk can play, you play him. You might ease him back into things, but you don't stash him until January.

Well, I was trying to be a little facetious, I guess it did not come out that way! But I do believe that our season depends on a healthy Gronk.

I dont quite understand how a DB launching himself helmet first into Gronkowskis knee mean's that he is injury prone and destined to get hurt again. that kind of dirty hit wouldve injured anyone.

and breaking his arm on the PAT was a fluke accident as well. Then you add in that we had doctor doom mess up his arm and he got an infection.

other than those two injuries...he really didnt miss any time for 2 1/2 years in the NFL

'With all due respect to Rob... " Pretty funny by BB. I can imagine Gronk himself got a bit of the less-amused Belichick.

This is actually a good sign — kind of puts the "decoy statement" idea to rest.

Order restored.
“With all due respect to Rob, I’m glad he feels the way he does, but in the end, we’ll have to make the decision we feel like is best for the team,” Belichick said.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/09/bill-belichick-glad-rob-gronkowski-is-optimistic-about-week-1-status/

...kind of puts the "decoy statement" idea to rest.
Just massaging the conspiracy theory...

But maybe Belichick only said that to maintain appearances? However many snaps Gronk plays (I'm guessing about half), Dolphins have to be thinking about and planning for him now -- perhaps disproportionately so.

Given belichick's past history of benching good players if they say something to the press in violation of one of the Hoodie's commandments (ala Welker in the 2010 playoffs right before the jet game), i wouldn't be surprised if gronk were benched for the first half.

Last edited:
Given belichick's past history of benching good players if they say something to the press in violation of one of the Hoodie's commandments (ala Welker in the 2009 playoffs right before the raven game), i wouldn't be surprised if gronk were benched for the first half.

Nah. There is a qualitative difference. Wes was goading Rex and doing it in a pretty rude way.

Nah. There is a qualitative difference. Wes was goading Rex and doing it in a pretty rude way.

Rude or not, this is one of BB's worst coaching decisions. Can't believe they lost the game to the freakin Jets who they destroyed a few weeks before that game.

Benching Gronk for his comments would rank up there with stupid coaching decisions.

Rude or not, this is one of BB's worst coaching decisions. Can't believe they lost the game to the freakin Jets who they destroyed a few weeks before that game.

Benching Gronk for his comments would rank up there with stupid coaching decisions.

Yes, benching Wes for one series is totally the reason they lost that game.

Bump ...

Gronk looks like he's almost there and that's scary because he was real good tonight.

best tight end/receiver in the league by far. when gronk's right, we're a completely different team. he has so much mental toughness. all of the surgeries and he still bounces back time after time!!:)

YO SOY FIESTA!!!!

I don't know if he'll ever be 2011 Gronk again, but if he can play how he did tonight the rest of the season we are still watching a top 5 TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing