Gronk for Revis?

• Yes

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No

Votes: 174 95.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought this was a ludicrous question. Then after a moment I thought, hmmm, the top player at one position for the top player at another. Maybe this was a question worthy of response. Then for the reasons below, is sank back into the ludicrous category, but I'd already started the post. ;)

1. Revis' contract, Compared to Gronk's there's no comparison
2. Revis' injury situation. Compared to Gronk's there's no comparison
3. Position importance is the final nail in the coffin to this bad idea.

The best TE in the league can have a bigger impact on the offense, in BOTH the passing and running games, than the best CB can have on the defense. In running and blocking the TE will be involved in far more plays than any CB can. The Pats have proven over the last 2 years that you can somewhat "marginalize" Revis by simply avoiding him. You can't avoid the impact of the Gronk.

theses are the reasons why i would not make the trade . . . it is interesting question but there are reason why i would not do it and above are some of them . . .

true Gronk has been hurt, last year not his fault, but he has missed one AFCCG and was hurt in a SB, who knows what a healthy Gronk would of done in those games. . . and since we are a SB or bust franchise and fan base, if the player is not available for the key game of the year, and as such might hurt your team due to his injury, then that is a factor to consider in his value to the team . . . he also had back problems in college that dropped him in the draft . . .

yes Revis was out last year but from what i remember he has been fairly healthy . . .

to be honest, I am not a fan of spending fives months of my life get ready for late January/Feb only to see my team fail and have our best TD injuried and one time in the press box . . . i really don't want to see it a third time . . . but even with this possibility, i would still take Gronk over Revis . . .

PleaseMakeItStop.jpg

Ok, who voted yes?

I thought there was a way I could see who voted the selections by clicking on it. Am I stupid today?:confused:

There are numerous good corners in the NFL (not even talking about potential drafteees). But there is only ONE Gronker.

Worst poll ever on this board?

I voted yes as an accident.

See, I assumed this whole thread was a joke. There is no way I would ever ever ever consider this. Ever.

The poll should be an open vote so people can see who voted for what.

There are numerous good corners in the NFL (not even talking about potential drafteees)

This is without question true which is in part why people on this board suggest that the Pats criteria for DB's they want to draft is flawed. We sure as heck have a hard time hitting on ones that stick with us and those that we do have seem awfully similar one to the next.

Would you trade Gronk for who ever you think the best CB in the game is?

Patriots need the physicality of Gronkowski in their offense. They are a shell of themselves without him.

fishing season opens in two months...

It's open now for us- you can tell by the number of bad threads that are starting to emerge. I nominate this thread for induction into the HOF of bad threads.

Won't happen. Wrecks would never give up his weekly toelatio sessions with Revis.

~posted from my toilet phone with Take-A-Crap

No, not in a million years. Revis is a headcase and has proven to be a 100% selfish player. He's good yes, but he's not Gronk-good.

Proven selfish? Headcase? LOL What???

Pretty hard to be "selfish" when you're playing CB.

GRONK for Revis? F*** that.

GRONK for Revis and the JEST's next two first-rounders, and then I actually contemplate it for about 10 milliseconds before saying "Hell to the no."

GRONK for Revis and TEN first-rounders, and then I actually start to give it serious thought.

He's also coming off of a major ACL tear surgery, and is due to cash in on an extremely large free agent payday at this time next season. That's IF he doesn't hold out this summer first.

Gronk is extended through 2018, and no other player scored more TDs in the entire league prior to his injury this year over the past 2.5 seasons.

Even with the injury, he has more TDs than anyone in the league not named Arian Foster, six more than any WR (Johnson), and 14 more than any other TE (Graham).

can we vote this years worst thread already? :bricks:

most tds by anyone in his first 3 years in NFL...tied with randy moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back