PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GRONK for MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Happy New Year! So I know I don't post/reply much (if at all) but I was wondering if the GRONK should be in the MVP discussion consdering his record shattering season. I know Brees, Brady and Rodgers are in the discussion but I feel what GRONK has done this season is truly amazing. So does he have a chance? Realistic chance?

If we win the SB, I'm getting a Gronk jersey with the patch!!

I don't think he has a realistic chance at all. It's a QB driven league.

Hell, there's still a debate on who is the better TE: Gronk or Graham.

Happy New Year! So I know I don't post/reply much (if at all) but I was wondering if the GRONK should be in the MVP discussion consdering his record shattering season. I know Brees, Brady and Rodgers are in the discussion but I feel what GRONK has done this season is truly amazing. So does he have a chance? Realistic chance?

I would say he has absolutely no chance with the numbers Rodgers and Brees have put up, not to mention Brady. I do hope he gets at least one vote as a reward for a great season. (50 total votes, right?)

quick, name the last non qb mvp

I don't think he has a realistic chance at all. It's a QB driven league.

Hell, there's still a debate on who is the better TE: Gronk or Graham.

Gronk is the better blocker /debate

Ladynian....

quick, name the last non qb mvp

Yeah, that was going to be my other question. :confused: I can't remember any non QB MVP. I was going to ask who was the last TE to get an MVP and realized there may never have been one. Oh well. I'm gonna go order me a GRONK jersey now! :rocker:

your te IS in the discussion but he has brady and welker to take away from mvp thoughts from voters

this one is going to rodgers, i believe rodgers just had 14 out of 15 games with a 100 qb or higher rating, he literally had one off game all season.

i think it's going to be an aaron rodgers landslide

nope, no chance...but i see extremely good arguments for having him be #4

brees te takes votes away from brees too

i dont see jordy nelson taking away as many

My armchair voting has me thinking...Brees and Brady both break passing yards record and leads both teams to playoffs with Brady leading his team to lock AFC 1 seed. Rogers great season with QB ratings record and leads his team to NFC #1 seed. GRONK breaks single season TE TD record as well as single season receiving record while helping his team lock #1 seed. 2 records better than 1! haha I know, I know...wishful thinking. Again an amazing season either way.

No chance. Not with the season that Rogers, Brady, Brees are having. It's going to one of them. Smart money is on Rogers. I can't disagree to loudly, but of course if I had a vote, I would vote for Tom terrific all day long.

It's hard to imagine where this team would be this year without him.

I hope he gets a vote for OPOY.

Still have to order my jersey..thanks for reminding me!

Much as I'd like to see it, it has zero chance of happening.

Randy Moss, when he set the receiving TD record with 23, got a grand total of ZERO votes. He did get 12.5 votes for OPOY, though.

I see GRONK getting a few votes for OPOY, but I will be VERY surprised if he gets even half a vote for MVP.

the last time a non RB / QB won the MVP was 1986....Lawrence Taylor lmao

its going to a QB, after week 17 my money says its brees, this is a compounded effect of Flynn taking that team and breaking offensive records, and also brees demolishing competition in this last week, giving big jump on numbers, and especially him owning the season yardage total this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes