PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk failed the Colts' pre-draft physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I heard this on the radio this morning and forgot to post, but now PFT is reporting it. Bill Polian was on Sirius NFL radio this morning saying the Colts passed on Gronk because he failed their predraft physical. I think it is ironic since the Colts gave a boatload of money to Manning before they knew he could return and to Bob Sanders who couldn't stay on the field during his entire career.

As Florio points, out this might mean Manning is closer to return than reported.

Polian says Gronkowski failed Colts physical | ProFootballTalk

Why does it mean that?

Why does it mean that?

Well, if the Colts doctors could fail Gronk, the fact that they failed Manning recently may mean they might be too overly cautious.

Well, if the Colts doctors could fail Gronk, the fact that they failed Manning recently may mean they might be too overly cautious.

Ohhhhhhh, ok. I thought it could also mean they are just incompetent, but that could also spell good news for Manning.

Back and neck injuries are super serious injuries and i can not blame the colts doctors for being cautious nor does that make them incompetent either.

Now polian on the other hand, he has yet to prove that he is cautious or competent in my book.

i can see why they'd pay peyton and bob , because those guys did something with the team, they won a superbowl and had other wins

passing on a rookie over health concerns is totally different

This sounds like an excuse for missing out on a stud TE to your rival.

IMO, there is a zero percent chance Peyton returns to Indy. The guy is owed $28M in about three weeks.

This sounds like an excuse for missing out on a stud TE to your rival.

IMO, there is a zero percent chance Peyton returns to Indy. The guy is owed $28M in about three weeks.

I wish they'd go ahead and get on with it, then everyone can drop the Superbowl talk like a hot potato.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back