PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk Contingency Planning, If Any

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not put it past BB to draft a TE if he felt that TE was a better all-round receiver than available wideouts.

I also think BB might have otherwise have been willing to trade Fells. Now, he will hang on to him even though he has a relatively high cap cahrge for a 4th or 5th TE.

I also think BB might have otherwise have been willing to trade Fells. Now, he will hang on to him even though he has a relatively high cap cahrge for a 4th or 5th TE.

Trade Fells for what? A bag of dog treats?

I would not put it past BB to draft a TE if he felt that TE was a better all-round receiver than available wideouts.

Draft a TE? In the Name of God, WHY?

This team still has weakness at WR, could use a stud center, could use a stud OG, seriously needs interior pass rush, needs improvement at DE pass rush, needs a cover LB if Fletcher is not the guy, could use another cover CB and still could use a safety. Yes BB sometimes goes BPA, but don't tell me that such players don't fit into these many areas.

Say NO to drafting a TE, RB, FB or QB.
No problem with BPA UDFA developmental players at any position.

Fells has no trade value.

Draft a TE? In the Name of God, WHY?

This team still has weakness at WR, could use a stud center, could use a stud OG, seriously needs interior pass rush, needs improvement at DE pass rush, needs a cover LB if Fletcher is not the guy, could use another cover CB and still could use a safety. Yes BB sometimes goes BPA, but don't tell me that such players don't fit into these many areas.

Say NO to drafting a TE, RB, FB or QB.
No problem with BPA UDFA developmental players at any position.

Fells has no trade value.

Not sure about guard being a major need area. We have Mankins, Connolly and Cannon signed for multiple years, plus McDonald. Not that we couldn't use another body, but it's not a screaming need, especially this season, now that Svitek is signed, leaving Cannon free to back up the guard spots. Who knows, Cannon might be the stud guard of the future.

Gronk is irreplaceable, he is the best tight end in football and without injuries was (and still can be) on pace to be the greatest tight end in NFL history.

You can not plug in any other TE and even expect 80% of Gronk's production. If he is injured again, the best alternative is a different scheme focused on our new receivers.

That is why I would like to see greater emphasis on depth at TE and particularly WR

Are you serious? Gronk/AH/Ballard/Hooman/Fells is arguably the deepest set of TE's ever seen on one NFL roster.

Ever hear of the salary cap? Maybe we should create a Madden team? Would that make you happy? I bet it would.

Brady had an infection issue to with his knee. Maybe Mass General should order hand sanitize.

Brady did not have his operation at Mass General. Brady chose his own doctor/hospital outside of the Pats purview. It wasn't 100% clear, but there appears to have been some unhappy Pats employees over that choice.

I know some infections such as staph are on the upswing, not sure that holds true for surgeries as well. Then of course there is the Gronk life style. He's starting to remind of Bo Belinksy.

Ballard is a fine replacement, he's a solid TE that's a big blocking body that can make plays in the middle of the field. IF Gronk even misses time the TE position is absolutely fine with Hernandez and Ballard.

Brady did not have his operation at Mass General. Brady chose his own doctor/hospital outside of the Pats purview. It wasn't 100% clear, but there appears to have been some unhappy Pats employees over that choice.

I know some infections such as staph are on the upswing, not sure that holds true for surgeries as well. Then of course there is the Gronk life style. He's starting to remind of Bo Belinksy.

I was only joking around brother...

Eifert is another 6-6 in-line tight end who can go up and win jump balls, especially in the red zone. I have no problem if he is BPA and players at a position of need would be reaches.

Ballard is a fine replacement, he's a solid TE that's a big blocking body that can make plays in the middle of the field. IF Gronk even misses time the TE position is absolutely fine with Hernandez and Ballard.

Based on what? Ballards entire 35 catches in his career and not to mention still isn't healthy?

Based on what? Ballards entire 35 catches in his career and not to mention still isn't healthy?

Isn't healthy? based on what? it's been 15 months since he tore his ACL and recovery is usually 9 - 12 months.

We will be fine at the TE position until Gronk returns with Hernandez, Hoomanawanui, Ballard and Fells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes