PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk at FB? He will, if asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dales804

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
You gotta do your job. The more you can do the better off you are. If I ever got called to play fullback, I know I've lined up in the backfield a couple of times and played fullback. It's definitely a position that interchanges and you can play both.
Source

Uh oh. Someone might get thrown out of the club.
io4avvqur8rj0mjbmukv.gif

I can't think about high-value players playing FB without coming back to Richard Seymour's knee getting messed up when he was run up on from behind. I would not like to see Gronk exposed to that.

I get that injuries are part of the game and you can't treat the players like they're made of glass, etc., but that seems like kind of an unnecessary risk.

I can't think about high-value players playing FB without coming back to Richard Seymour's knee getting messed up when he was run up on from behind. I would not like to see Gronk exposed to that.

I get that injuries are part of the game and you can't treat the players like they're made of glass, etc., but that seems like kind of an unnecessary risk.
Me, too. I'd still like to see him lay waste to would be tacklers but he can do that just fine from his TE spot.

No. God no. Diving at knees all day.

Thats the 1st thing I thought of.

I want no part of Gronk playing FB.

How is Gronk at Grahambo-style wham blocking?

Lovely.

Great block, but it's not exactly the same thing. The difference I regard as significant is that Grahambo would clobber defensive linemen.

Anyhow, I don't think Gronk should take over regular FB duties in lead blocking between the tackles, because of the injury fears previously stated. If they want to run a few sets with him in the backfield where that's unlikely to occur, fine -- I'm OK with him picking up a blitzer or leading on a sweep. I don't know WHY they'd use him that way, but if they think it makes sense, fine.

But use a lineman or RB for the classic hard-headed FB role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes