PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GRONK and Hernandez: best TE duo so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned this before but, before the draft National Football Post actually had Hernandez ahead of both Gresham and Gronk as the top TE. I think they had Gronk second. (Link doesn't work anymore since they switched things around).

So young too -- to think that when Hernandez is the same age as a lot of rookies (22) he'll be entering his third NFL season.

I keep forgetting how young Hernandez is. This is like the third time someone's mentioned his age and I'm always surprised by it. Both rookies have played above expectations, and I think a lot of that is probably due to Alge's influence.

Picking this kid up in the draft where we did will turn out to be one of our greatest thefts of all time, right up there with the Moss trade. AHern is definitely living the dream-20 years old, grew up as a Pats fan, now on the team. My fanatic UF alum buddy picked Hernandez to be the best out of our UF picks and so far he has turned out to be correct.

Last edited:
Aaron is more athletic, but it took 5+ defenders to bring down Coates. But, Aaron does have a good chance of surpassing Coates.

He plays a different position though. Its not really fair imo to compare Ben Coates to Aaron Hernandez. Coates could block, he was a beast of a player and one of the greatest all around tight ends ever to play the game. Gronk is a good comparison to Coates.

I like what Hernandez can do but he is just a receiver really, he will never help out on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes