PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk already running on OTA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITT: Justin Jones is either an epic bust or a future Hall of Famer.

Because straight line speed has little relevance in comparison with explosiveness. How often do you ever run in a straight line for more than 5-10 yards?

He gets great separation.

Gronk runs in a straight line for longer than that on seam routes unless the team is already in the red zone or knocking on the door to it. Believe it or not, Jones might be asked to run that same route if he sticks. And I didn't see any great separation when I started watching video of him a couple of months back before the draft. What I did see was a potential red zone target without much flexibility on the field other than that. His effectiveness might even be limited down there as well since, when he comes in, teams will automatically know where the ball is going most of the time (save running plays out of 2TE sets). But, with Gronk in there at the same time, he could be extremely effective. But please don't pretend like this guy had absolutely no issue getting separation in college, because he did.

There is Gronk, then there's whale poop, then there's everybody else.
BpjfqPaIcAAJkXH.jpg

Because straight line speed has little relevance in comparison with explosiveness. How often do you ever run in a straight line for more than 5-10 yards?

He gets great separation.

I'm no X's and O's kind of guy.. but Easley I believe is the perfect example of this.

5.0 40 yard time..

But its his explosiveness off the line that has everyone in awe.

This is obviously great news, but I'm still very cautious about Gronk starting for game one, and I have to imagine the team will be as well.

I think that he'll be on a timeline quite similar to last year, where we could see him come back in the 4th or 5th game. That would give him a solid 9 months, which would still be quite remarkable.

This really has nothing to do with the thread, I'm just shocked how many people claim Jimmy Graham is a better TE than Gronk:

BpttHlTCQAMuRSB.png

Look at the games played disparity compared to production. Gronk doesn't even need to keep up in playing time to be better than Graham.

This really has nothing to do with the thread, I'm just shocked how many people claim Jimmy Graham is a better TE than Gronk:

BpttHlTCQAMuRSB.png

Look at the games played disparity compared to production. Gronk doesn't even need to keep up in playing time to be better than Graham.

Gronk hasn't been able to stay on the field. That makes a big difference. If Gronk comes back at a high percentage of his Gronkness, and he can stay healthy, people will start to remember his game again.

Also, where Gronk really separates from Graham is in the blocking, and a lot of people ignore or minimize that in tight ends today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes