PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk 3 TD's Away from Tying Tight End TD Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post-merger, a total of FORTY NFL players, including GRONK, have 20 TDs in their first two seasons, according to Pro-Football-Reference.

Only FIVE have 20 receiving TDs in their first two seasons:

1. Randy Moss (MIN, 1998-99), 28 receiving TDs
2t. John Jefferson (SD, 1978-79), 23 TDs
2t. Daryl Turner (SEA, 1984-85), 23 TDs
4. Louis Lipps (PIT, 1984-85), 21 TDs
5. GRONK (NE, 2010-11), 20 TDs

More love for Gronk, from EA sports. :D

Thanksgiving Madden Update:

Rob Gronkowski TE NE Increase, from 89 to 92OVR

For a 2nd round player to go from 75 overall to 92 overall in less than 2 seasons, is unheard of (especially a TE). I imagine if he keeps his pace he will be one of the most abused players in Madden 13 at 99. :)

On a side not I was not sure if it was Gronk or did the Pats send Solder down field on a few pass plays. I thought for sure as I saw a # 7 but was not sure if it was 87 or 77 down field on the throw went to Branch. Man I was so happy when the Pats went to the set with Soldier at TE with Gronk and ran the ball to change momentum. We looked good and move people with the great run blockers we have on the edge.[/QUOTE said:
On Gronks 2nd TD, Solder burst off the line and ran a seam route. After Gronk beat the DB in the flat, he was rumbling down the sidline, Solder came back and picked off the LB trying to tackle Gronk from behind. Remember that Solder was a TE when he went to Colorado and converted to OT after his 1st season there.

On Gronks 2nd TD, Solder burst off the line and ran a seam route. After Gronk beat the DB in the flat, he was rumbling down the sidline, Solder came back and picked off the LB trying to tackle Gronk from behind. Remember that Solder was a TE when he went to Colorado and converted to OT after his 1st season there.

Thanks for that as I thought I saw him down field. Even more impressive was I noticed his burst off the line which also comes in handy on run plays from the tackle spot. I do remember he was a converted TE but at 6'8 he would be a nice goal line option if Volmer and Light are healthy.

I am asking for a gronk jersey for christmas! :rocker:

He is becoming a great TE in a time where TEs should be flourishing. With the rules favoring passing and the utter lack of talent/skill Safeties in the whole league he will be leading a trend. Chandler in Buf is similar but it does help to have TBs good side. I think if you notice the hits he is taking that the idea of punishing his legs will ultimately bring injury. Neck and foot problems doom better talent. Reckless abandon is great when its someone else, as the defenses adjust to his skills he will have to learn new techniques to get open. He isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer, so lets enjoy the run while it lasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes