Grogan's Grade: Week 2 - New England vs. San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Grogan's Grade: Week 2 - New England vs. San Diego
By: Steve Grogan

Former Patriot Steve Grogan breaks down this week's win over the Chargers and gives his grades on their performance....

Grogan doesn't seem overly high on our D either.

I guess he's an idiot too. He needs to read more coaching books and educate himself.:rolleyes:

I guess he's an idiot too. He needs to read more coaching books and educate himself.:rolleyes:

If players were so smart, Mike Singletary would have hoisted his 3rd or 4th Matt Millen Trophy this past February.

That's aimed for you. I'd be careful, you might be owning extra vacuum cleaners.

A- bad defense.

Last edited:

Yeah, he was so down on them he gave them an A-. Some here can't grasp that because they lack perspective. Steve showed a lot of it in his analysis and grading.

Maybe you can educate us on where exactly an A- might fall on the grading scale?

I'm all ears for this explanation.

Steve Grogan said:
I gave them an A. True, the defense gave up over 400 yards but look who they were playing against, plus they got them to turn the football over. That's a good football team, and they went out and pretty much controlled the game for most of the afternoon. Tom Brady had another outstanding effort with a 400+ passing yards game, and at times it looked like he was playing pitch and catch with his two tight ends Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. They just keep making big plays and tough catches when they get down in the red zone. Trying to see a little guy like Bob Sanders cover Gronkowski in the end zone was just an impossible assignment. Jerod Mayo made a nice stop on the fourth and goal to keep the Chargers out of the end zone. Overall it was a strong effort against a top flight opponent. The defense is still a work in progress, but as Belichick would say it's time to move on.

Seems like Grogan is closer to the positive end of the scale than the Uber-negative which you occupy.

Maybe you see it differently.

Again, you raised the point so lets see you defend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back