PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grogan's Grade: Week 2 - New England at NY Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE:
"SG: Well, holding calls are just holding calls, the delay of game penalties were what frustrated me. That's just slow play calling from the line of scrimmage, not getting it in from the sidelines, Brady trying to be too perfect with his protection. You see him walking up and pointing at different people, sometimes you just have to line up and play football and if a guy gets through, you get rid of the ball and move on. I think they were just trying to be too perfect and that cost them some penalties, especially the delay of games. "

We should come out hard. Run it more and just go-Wes will help.
I like our D's effort. We need 60 minutes though.
Maybe we can shut Atlanta out.
Hmmmm

Excellent grades; I agree with all of them, and Grogan is spot-on with his analysis. Why isn't he behind a microphone or in front of a camera, instead of a bafoon like Gresh?

Steve seems to see the problems as relating not to the knee but to problems dealing with pressure, protections, lack of seperation, inconsistent execution, striving for perfection while in the midst of transitional discomfort due to lots of new faces on the field and on the sidelines.

That's about what I saw, too.

The penalties in hindsight eventually took the running game out of the mix.

The JETS really only had their way as he puts it in one series. Other than that they were held to 3 fieldgoals. Unfortunately when our offense is similarly held to 3 fieldgoals that just won't cut it.

Seriously, if I was starting up my own sports radio station, I'd want to feature #14's analysis.

The man is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye